Dad's Carrot Cake.
You can have Dad's Carrot Cake using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dad's Carrot Cake
- You need of Cake.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 2 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of white sugar.
- You need 3 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 2 cup of grated carrot.
- It’s 1 can of crushed pineapple in juice, drained.
- You need of Cream Cheese Icing.
- It’s 200 grams of cream cheese.
- Prepare 150 grams of butter.
- It’s 1 of zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1 of icing sugar.
Dad's Carrot Cake instructions
- preheat oven to 180ºC, grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin..
- beat eggs until frothy and add oil..
- sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger, add sugar and fold through egg mixture..
- mix in walnuts, carrot and drained pineapple until combined..
- bake for approximately 45 minutes. cake should be dark golden on top and feel firm to the touch. set aside and allow to cool (as it is a very moist cake, I don't recommend testing it by inserting a knife or skewer as it won't come out clean, even when the cake is cooked).
- for the icing: combine room temperature butter and cream cheese with a food processor or electric mixer. add lemon juice and zest, then add icing sugar until it reaches your desired consistency (should be slightly runny as it firms up).
- once cake is mostly cool, ice and serve..