Smoked Pork Loin.
You can have Smoked Pork Loin using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked Pork Loin
- It’s 2-3 lb of pork loin (with fat cap).
- It’s 4 oz of your favorite dry rub.
- Prepare 2 of tbps of olive oil or evoo.
- Prepare of Brine solution.
- You need 1/4 cup of your favorite salt (I like pink Himalayan).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 4 cups of warm water.
Smoked Pork Loin step by step
- Prepare pork loin by washing and trimming away any excess from the sides and bottom of the loin. You will want to keep the fat cap intact during this process..
- Create brine solution by adding the salt, sugar, and warm water together; stir until all the sugar and salt is dissolved. You can use boiling water, but remember to let the solution cool to about room tempature before using..
- Next step has two options. 1. Soak the meat in the brine solution over night. Make sure that the brine solution cover the entire loin. Or 2. You can inject the meat with the brine solution. I like to inject the meat with about 4-8 oz of the solution. Then cover the loin in. The brine solution and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours..
- Next turn the loin fat side up and score the top about a half inch deep diagonal across the meat grain, making a cross hatch pattern on the top..
- Next rub the sides and bottom (non fat side) with the olive oil making sure to get a good coverage on all side of the meat..
- Turn you meat fat side up. Add some olive oil to the top enough to fill in the cuts and ass a generous amount of session. Let the meat sit about 20-30 mins before putting it in the smoker..
- Place loin in the snoker. Cook time depends on size of the meat. But generally you will be smoking for 2 hours at 225 or until the internal temp teaches 145..
- Prepaid your smoker. I like to do it 20-30 mins before I put the loin in. This give the rub some time to set before smoking. Set smoker temp for 225..
- Once internal tempature reaches 145. Take out of the smoker, transfer to cutting board. Let meat sit for about 10 mins, then cut and serve..