Charley's Ultimate French Toast.
You can have Charley's Ultimate French Toast using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Charley's Ultimate French Toast
- You need 1 large of egg.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ginger.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 6 slice of bread.
- It’s 1 of nonstick cooking spray(butter flavor works best).
Charley's Ultimate French Toast step by step
- In medium sized bowl add your egg, vanilla, ginger, and cinnamon. Mix well. Make sure that your spices don't clump into icky floating balls. Ewww..
- Add your milk, and mix well again..
- Use a nonstick skillet if you have it, and apply your cooking spray. Heat your skillet over medium heat..
- While your skillet is warming take one of the slices of bread. Dip it into your milk/egg mix. Make sure both sides get coated, BUT make sure it doesn't soak to much as the bread will fall apart..
- Add your bread to the skillet. Cook until the edges are crisp. Test before you flip, by sliding your spatula under and around the bread. It should come up easily. You don't want the middle to stick to the pan..
- Once its ready to flip, turn it and brown the other side for a few minutes until golden..
- As you continue to cook, you may have to lower your heat for the other slices. A sign of that might be that the outside looks cooked, but your bread will be really floppy, and when cut it will have a gooey texture inside..
- That's it guys! Enjoy! You can sprinkle powdered sugar on these or just serve with syrup. Myself, I love them with a smidgen of syrup and freshly sliced strawberries. Yummy!.