Patty's Best Crockpot Lasagna.
You can cook Patty's Best Crockpot Lasagna using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Patty's Best Crockpot Lasagna
- Prepare 1 box of uncooked lasagna noodles.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of ground chuck.
- It’s 2 (15 oz) of Jars of Prego or your famous sauce.
- It’s 1 of small can of tomato paste.
- It’s 1-2 stalks of celery.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of carrots.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of pepper flakes, or to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s pinch of nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 3 cups of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- It’s 3 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten.
- You need 1 Tbsp of evoo (extra virgin olive oil ).
- It’s 2 cups of fresh spinach.
- You need 16 oz of Provolone Cheese.
Patty's Best Crockpot Lasagna instructions
- Puree the onion, carrots and celery. Add puree to hot saute pan with evoo and cook on high, stirring to release the natural juices and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Place aside in large pot until later..
- Brown ground chuck and drain excess grease. Add the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and pepper flakes and balsamic vinegar to the cooked beef. Mix cooked beef to the puree..
- Mix together chopped spinach, parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese, beaten egg, nutmeg and salt& pepper. Set aside..
- Sauté garlic in evoo for about 3 minutes, don't let it burn. Add tomato paste and add 2 cans of water using empty tomato paste can. Cook on high, stirring frequently until most of liquid is gone. Add both jars of Prego to paste and sugar. Salt and pepper to taste. Add sauce to meat and veggie puree mixture. Mix well. Set aside..
- Build your mountain of lasagna now. Spray inside crockpot with cooking spray or oil to prevent sticking. Cover the bottom of crockpot with meat/sauce mixture. Then add a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (breaking them to fit and overlapping is good). Then add enough cheese mixture to cover the noodles (you can use a spatula to spread it evenly ). Then add more noodles, then cheese mixture, then meat/sauce, and finally end with meat sauce on top. Make sure all of the noodles are covered in sauce to prevent drying out. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top. When it's almost done, an hour or 30 mins before add a layer of mozzarella cheese and provolone cheese to the top so it can melt and be more gooey and yummy. :-p Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours (depends on size of crockpot and how long you are willing to wait..
- Enjoy! Please give me feedback so i can improve and not torture my family. Thanks all..