Sardine And Cucumber On Buttered Pita Bread. A Reason to Make Sardine Cucumber Sandwiches. My last class party was more than two decades ago. Sadly, these sandwiches seldom made an appearance in all this time.
HOW: Mashing the butter and sardines takes nothing but a fork — no special equipment required! WHY WE LOVE IT: This is butter with some body, able to stand up to the crustiest bread and sturdiest cracker. Place the softened butter in a medium bowl. You can cook Sardine And Cucumber On Buttered Pita Bread using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sardine And Cucumber On Buttered Pita Bread
- You need of I canned of sardine in tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of peri peri Chili sauce (optional add on).
- Prepare 3 of pita bread.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soft butter.
- It’s 1 of cucumber thinly slice.
- You need 1 tbsp of light soy sauce.
In a bowl, combine the cheese On a work surface, split the pita in half to get two discs. Spread the inside of the bread with the cheese mixture. Layer with the cucumber slices and. Super-healthy Sardine Spread recipe from David Lebovitz, pastry chef-author of The Sweet Life in But wherever you live just ask your friendly fish merchant to prepare the sardines, and to clean off My mom often made me a sardine sandwich on homemade bread.
Sardine And Cucumber On Buttered Pita Bread instructions
- Steam for about 10 minutes the sardine with its tomato sauce and add in the light soy sauce and peri peri Chili sauce for spicy lover (optional).
- Butter the pita bread and toast it.
- Thinly slice cucumber with a slicer.
- Once sardine is ready remove the sardine and mash it up with a fork.
- To serve simply assemble the cucumber first then the mash up sardine then drizzle generously the sardine tomato Chili sauce and enjoy.
This was a favorite lunch until a. This Middle Eastern bread salad is hard to beat—if you get the textures right. This Middle Eastern salad is at its best when it combines fresh, flavorful produce with crisp pita chips and bright herbs. Add the pasta to the sardine mixture and toss well to combine. Add the parsley, most of the bread crumbs and some reserved water, if necessary, to moisten.