You can cook Beef Brisket using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Brisket
- It’s 4 lb of beef brisket, trimmed.
- You need 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dry mustard.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf, crushed.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 of water.
Beef Brisket instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make dry rub by combining chili powder, salt, garlic onion powders, black pepper, sugar, dry mustard and bay leaf. Season the raw brisket on both sides with rub..
- Place in roasting pan and roast uncovered for 1 hour..
- And beef stock and enough water to yield about half inch of liquid in roasting pan. Lower oven to 300, cover pan tightly and continue cooking for 3 hours or until fork tender..
- I've done it that way but this time I tried it in a slow cooker. Did almost everything the same except only added about 1/2 cup of water with the broth and cooked it on low for 8 to 10 hours..
- Trim the fat and slice meat thinly across the grain or shred with two forks. Top with juice from pan..