Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin. Add tomatillos and onion to the pan; saute until tomatillos are tender and lightly charred. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Nestle the browned pork into the warm sauce, cover the pot and set in the oven.
To increase serving size, increase amount of pork. Split the jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. (If a hotter sauce is desired, reserve some of the seeds to add to the blender.) Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin Definitely a Keeper! Add some more green chilies and some cilantro and you have what might be the state dish of New Mexico. You can cook Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin
- You need 3 lb of pork loin.
- Prepare 2 of jars Frontera Tomatillo Salsa.
- You need 64 oz of chicken stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground coriander seed.
- You need 1 tbsp of roasted ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried Mexican oregano.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of orange peel seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground white pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground ancho chile.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil; as needed.
It's all over the southern US. Don't overlook pork as a stew meat. That pork shoulder you make into pulled pork is perfect for stew. Tomatillo-braised pork loin with herby white beans and bacon. recipe.
Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin instructions
- Heat vegetable oil in a large roasting pan. Toss pork loin with enough oil to cover. Season with dried spices..
- Saute pork with fat side down. After approximately 3-5 minutes on medium heat the pork loin should have a nice sear. Turn over and repeat to the other side. The pork loin will not be fully cooked after searing both sides! Remove from pan and set aside..
- Add chicken stock. Scrape up any brown bits with a wooden spoon. Once the fond is incorporated, return the pork loin back to the pot. Pour salsa over pork. The liquid level should not exceed the height of the pork loin..
- If the liquid is higher than the pork loin, remove pork loin and reduce liquid before returning pork back to the pan..
- Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for approximately one hour or until pork is tender and cooked to desired level of doneness..
- Variations; Tequila, apple cider, tamarind, epazote, cilantro, fresh mirepoix, potatoes, garlic bulbs, celery root, mustard.
Learn how to cook great Tomatillo-braised pork loin with herby white beans and bacon. . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Tomatillo-braised pork loin with herby white beans and bacon. recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. In a pressure cooker, combine pork, tomatillos, Poblano peppers, Anaheim peppers, serrano peppers, onion, garlic, cumin, and a big pinch of salt. If you have the tomatillo salsa on hand, roasted pork with tomatillo sauce is a quick and easy meal. The salsa darkens as it cooks in the rendered pork fat.