Baked Beef and Chicken Empanatas. Baked Beef Empanadas made with puff pastry, so easy and so delicious. Don't underestimate puff pastry, it's quite versatile and makes some delicious empanadas. Add chicken stock and reserved beef along with any accumulated juices to pot.
Beef or chicken broth, as necessary, or use water. ½ cup chopped scallions, white and green parts. My husband is Latin American and I've NEVER seen an Empanada in his country made with sirloin or a won ton wrapper. Mostly shredded chicken, shredded pork, shredded. You can have Baked Beef and Chicken Empanatas using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Beef and Chicken Empanatas
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground beef.
- You need 1 envelope of Perdu Italian Chicken Slices (fully cooked).
- Prepare 2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 envelope of sazon (goya).
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 can of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 1/2 can of diced tomato with green chilis.
- Prepare 1 packages of monterey jack.
- Prepare 1 packages of mild chedder.
- Prepare 4 box of pillsbury pie crust.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/8 can of refried beans.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
- You need of olive oil.
You can also experiment with different fillings such as chili con carne, roasted vegetables, or apples, and caramel. Make the dough: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Empanadas are perfect little pockets of cheesy beef. The dough bakes (or air fries!) into a golden flaky crust that shatters beautifully.
Baked Beef and Chicken Empanatas instructions
- Pre-heat oven at 425. Roll out dough very thinly (not thin enough it will rip though) on flour. Use bowl to cut out disk. (I got 5 out of each pie crust).
- In sautee pan, cook finely chopped onions in light olive oil. After onions are soft and golden add 1 teaspoon of cumin and 1 teaspoon of chili powder. Add salt and pepper and one packet of sazon, and 1 can of diced tomatoes..
- Add ground beef and cook until done, add half of can tomato paste let sit and cool..
- In mixing bowl add remaining seasoning, shredded chicken, half a can of drained diced tomatoes, salt and pepper and remaining tomato paste.
- Wisk egg in bowl and set next to work station with a brush.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ground beef mixture to disk and add two tablespoons of Monterey jack. Add 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture and two tablespoons of mild cheddar..
- Use brush and lightly coat outside edge of full disk, fold in half. Take a fork and press around fold to hold crust together, then brush with egg wash on top only.
- Line on cookie sheet (close together is okay, not much space is needed), pop in over until golden brown. (Roughly 15-20 minutes depending on your oven.).
We filled ours with a classic beef mixture, but you could fill yours with chicken or even beans and rice for a vegetarian version. We've also included a homemade dough for. Закрыть. Cami Cakes. Загрузка.. shredded chicken . shredded carrots, leeks, and mushrooms . garlic . salt and pepper . An empanada is a stuffed bread or pastry with meat (beef, chicken), cheese, onion, and other ingredients. It can be baked or fried in many For the filling, we use ground beef, pepperoni, marinara sauce and chicken sausage.