Chili cheese tater tot casserole. This is like chili cheese fries that you get to call dinner. Place tater tots in an even layer over the chili and sprinkle with chopped. Sliced hot dogs, chili, tater tots, and cheddar cheese combine to make an easy and delicious meal.
Top with scallions and sour cream, and don't be afraid to pile on the cheese. Easy Tater Tot Casserole is a cheesy taco style dish made with chili! Just a few ingredients go into this quick dinner recipe. You can have Chili cheese tater tot casserole using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chili cheese tater tot casserole
- Prepare 1 bag of (32 oz.) tater tots.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of A few shakes of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 8 oz of tomato sauce.
- You need 8 oz of can of water.
- Prepare 2 cup of (8 oz.) cheddar cheese, shredded.
- You need 1 of Sour cream (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Green onions, sliced (optional).
I absolutely love chili and cheese and tater tots…so this Chili Tater Tot Casserole is the perfect dinner or potluck dish. I love tater tot casserole this recipe is much the same as mine but I don't add ketchup. I followed the recipe but added cheddar cheese and mixed veggies. The chili cooks while the tater tots partially bake …. but if you really wanted to, you could use canned chili instead and save yourself that step – although, I highly recommend making the chili yourself.
Chili cheese tater tot casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Arrange the tater tots in the bottom of a 9×13-in. baking dish..
- Bake for 20 minutes..
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble the beef with the salt, pepper and onion until the beef is no longer pink..
- Drain. Return the mixture to the skillet..
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, tomato sauce and water to the skillet..
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until it reaches your desired consistency. (I like ours the consistency of Sloppy Joe's, but make yours how you like it)..
- Top the baked tater tots with the chili. Sprinkle with the cheese..
- Return to the oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes..
- To serve, top individual portions with sour cream and green onions, if desired..
It just tastes better in my humble opinion. I did not put beans in this … but if you want to, feel free to add. Top the baked tater tots with the chili. I looked at Tater Tot casseroles on Recipezaar to see if there was one like this, and I didn't find a recipe. A friend of mine told me how she makes the Sprinkle the grated cheese liberally over the meat-chili mix, create a NICE layer of cheese.