Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta". Carrot and zucchini pasta is mixed with a creamy, avocado cucumber sauce for a simple, delicious and vegan zucchini noodle recipe. Zucchini, carrots, avocado, cucumber and garlic. With a splash of lemon juice for good measure.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Looking for a simple Raw Vegan Pasta recipe? Try this Carrot & Zucchini Pasta with Tomato Coconut Curry Sauce! You can cook Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta" using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta"
- It’s 4 of carrots (or zucchinis or half of each).
- It’s 2/3 cup of (or more) of any pasta sauce you prefer (i.e. marinara sauce, mince meat, peanut sauce, carbonara sauce etc).
- It’s 6 tbsp of grated cheese.
If you enjoyed this video, please give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my YouTube channel. By shredding carrots, zucchini, and yellow squash, you'll end up with something that looks like a colorful pasta dish, but it's actually a. Try healthy zucchini recipes for salads, pasta, stovetop suppers and more. The first time I substituted zucchini noodles for regular pasta, it was because I was trying to reduce carbohydrates and calories.
Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta" instructions
- This is the most "difficult" and boring part of the preparation. You'll need a potato peeler and you have to peel each carrot (and/or zucchini) until it's so thin that you can't possibly peel it anymore. The time this takes depends on the size of the carrots but it's generally ~6 mins per carrot..
- Once you're done with step one you'll have carrot (and/or zucchini) noodles! They may seem like a lot but they'll shrink in size later on..
- Throw all of the "noodles" into a frying pan and cook for ~3-5 mins, until they're as soft as you like your pasta to be. You don't need to add any oil but you gotta stir and move them around a lot..
- Turn off the heat and add your favorite sauce (that you've already prepared before starting with this recipe)..
- Transfer to bowls..
- Top with a generous amount of grated cheese (I find that the taste of the carrots is too strong without cheese) and enjoy!.
Zucchini, cucumbers and carrots are peeled into "ribbons" for this citrusy salad. Make your own zucchini pasta (zoodles) with a quick and simple recipe that's a little closer to actual pasta. Wondering if your usual pasta dishes will go well with zucchini noodles? Try these combinations to create the perfect veggie pasta dishes, or you can even add meat or. Peel the carrot and zucchini and cut into thin strips.