Vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie. Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with mushrooms, carrots, peas, gravy and baked under creamy mashed potatoes. ♡ Plant based! Shepherd's Pie season is upon us and this super cozy vegetarian version is running around on the loose in our house. And did you hear me when I said veg only?
Traditional Shepherd's pie contains ground beef, which I considered swapping for walnuts, a combination of mushrooms and walnuts, or I could see this not only being a vegetarian-friendly Thanksgiving entree, but an easy weeknight meal for colder months ahead. This dish is an absolutely must-try for all of you vegans/vegetarians who sometimes miss the taste of meat. Chop the mushrooms, carrot and red bell pepper. You can cook Vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie
- You need 500 g of potatoes.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 4 tablespoons of milk.
- You need 100 g of grated cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of butter or margarine.
- You need of For the filling.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 1 cup of green peas cooked.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of courgette.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rosemary.
- Prepare 100 g of mushrooms.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and black pepper.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
Add them into your food processor and pulse until all ingredients are well mixed together. * I added the soy granules without boiling them because the mushrooms contain a lot of water and these soy granules will absorb all excess water. This vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie is the perfect comfort food, even the pickiest eaters will love! It also has a vegan version. This mushroom shepherd's pie is an absolutely must-try for all of you vegans/vegetarians who sometimes miss the taste of meat.
Vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie instructions
- Put all your ingredients together.peel,dice and wash the potatoes.boil them till ready.
- When ready drain the water and mash them with the egg yolk,milk,butter and cheese.season with salt and black pepper if desired.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- For the mushrooms so that they retain their crunchyness.sautee them in oil for 2 minutes.put them aside on a plate.
- For the filling. dice all your vegetables.fry the onion in oil till brown.
- Add all your vegetables and a tomato paste and fry for 2 minutes then add water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of flour to thicken the sauce.add water cook till the vegetable s are ready.
- To your casserole dish add the peas stew and arrange the mushrooms on top.
- Add the mash potatoes and press down and take a fork and make designs with it.
- Bake for 25 minutes and serve when ready.garnish with spring onion.
To get the nice browned top, turn on the. This vegetarian mushroom and lentil shepherds pie is as flavorful as Julia Child's Beef bourguignon with half the fat and half the cost. This vegetarian shepherds pie is like… a weeknight life savor. It's loaded with vegetables, low carb and makes an incredibly cozy weeknight dinner. Try this vegetarian shepherd's pie recipe made with mushrooms and protein crumbles.