Vegetarian Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash. Vegetarian cottage pie (or shepherds pie, either name works seeing as there is no meat in it to distinguish between them) is a meal that I make fairly The mash is flavoured with garlic butter, it is so simple to make but seriously good! I like to sprinkle some grated mature cheddar cheese over the top. Prepare the mash by placing the parsnips in a pan and covering with cold water.
Spoon the mince into a large shallow dish, then top with the carrot and potato mash, smoothing the surface. Drain and mash with the butter and milk and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the meat into an ovenproof dish, top with the mash and bake. You can have Vegetarian Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash
- You need 15 ml of olive oil.
- You need 250 grams of mushrooms, sliced (use your favourite ones).
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It’s 1 of large onion, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 2 of medium carrots, washed, peeled and diced.
- You need 2 stick of celery, sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 400 ml of vegetable stock.
- You need 100 ml of red wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 can of red kidney beans.
- Prepare of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s of For the mash.
- Prepare 6 of large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks.
- It’s 2 of medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks.
- You need 100 ml of milk.
- It’s 100 grams of butter.
- You need 200 grams of cheddar cheese, created.
- Prepare of salt.
Carrot Top Adding carrots to the traditional mashed-potato topping makes this dish more nutritious and gives it a gorgeous color. I also used a little more butter because I used ground sirloin. Goes great with Bisquick cheese garlic biscuits. All Reviews for Cottage Pie with Vegetable Mash.
Vegetarian Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash step by step
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add the olive oil and mushrooms. Fry for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly brown. Add the garlic, onion, celery and carrots and cook for a further 2mins. Stir in the flour and cook for 1min..
- Add the vegetable stock and the red wine to the pan, stirring, then add the Worcestershire sauce and tomato puree. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, no lid..
- Add the red kidney beans and parsley. Season with salt and black pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, no lid..
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes and carrots in a large pan of lightly salted water for 20 minutes or until both are tender. Drain well then add the butter, milk and salt. Mash until creamy and smooth, you can add more milk if you have to. Mix in the cheddar cheese, cover and set to one side..
- Spoon the mushroom and been mixture into a large, shallow, creased oven dish..
- Top with the carrot and potato mash, smoothing the surface. Or pipe it on..
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, Grill for the last 5 minutes to get the top golden brown. Goes great with a side portion of peas..
Cottage Pie with Carrot Potato Mash, my daughter is making this for our tea tonight, yum, yum Carrot And Potato Mash Jamie Oliver Comfort Food Healthy Eating Recipes Cooking Recipes Carrots And Potatoes Mashed Potatoes Cottage Pie Tasty Dishes Beef Dishes. Top lentil mixture with mash and sprinkle with cheese. Vegetarian Dinner With Mashed Potatoes Recipes. Mushroom gravy pie with garlicky kale mashed potatoesthe. Try this easy cottage pie, a beef pie with mashed potato topping.