Potato chizimi (Korean pancake). Peel the potatoes and grate them. Cut leeks in any sizes that you like. Learn how to make Korean potato pancakes.
Whatever your reasons might be, these Korean potato pancakes are crispy and delicious! I hope you give them a try soon. 🙂. If you have potatoes, you can make this crispy, chewy Korean potato pancake. You can have Potato chizimi (Korean pancake) using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato chizimi (Korean pancake)
- It’s 5 of potatoes.
- Prepare 0,1 pound of kimchi.
- Prepare 1 bundle of leeks (Nira).
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 Tsp of potato powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of chicken soup powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of grated garlic.
- It’s of for sauce.
- You need 1 Tsp of soy source.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of vinegar.
Other vegetables are nice to have but not necessary. Enjoy gamjajeon as a delicious appetizer or snack. Gamjajeon or gamja jeon (감자전) is a variety of Korean savory pancake (jeon). Best potatoes for Korean potato pancake (gamjajeon) are starchy potatoes like regular russet.
Potato chizimi (Korean pancake) instructions
- Peel the potatoes and grate them. Mince kimchi. Cut leeks in any sizes that you like..
- Put a sieve on the bowl. Put potatoes into the sieve to get potatoes ‘water. (After this step you will have, grated potatoes, potato-juice and deposition of the potato-juice.).
- Put deposition of potato-juice, granted potato, kimchi, Nira, soy source, potato powder, salt and granted garlic, into a bowl and stir..
- Heat sesame oil on a flying pan. Pour a half of the pastes like crape. Cook at medium flame for two minutes..
- Flip the pancake over and cook for another two minutes..
- Pour sauce if needed..
You can use waxy potatoes but you probably will need to add more flour to keep it together and may not be as crispy. Read about different types of potatoes here. I really loved this Korean potato pancake, probably going to make it sometime this week!! 🙂. Hope you guys enjoy this recipe and try one day! Make Korean Potato Pancake (Gamjajeon) with nothing but a few potatoes.