Mug cake (Chocolate and peanut butter). The Only Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake You'll Ever Need. Check out our Dessert Recipe Archives! How to Make a Chocolate Mug Cake – Step By Step Photos.
I loved the flavor – but hated the texture of all the mug cakes I had tried before. With peanut butter and chocolate being one of my FAVORITE flavor combinations, how the heck did I not have a recipe for peanut butter chocolate mug cake until now?! This one is extra special because I found a brilliant way to incorporate peanut butter IN EVERY SINGLE BITE. You can have Mug cake (Chocolate and peanut butter) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mug cake (Chocolate and peanut butter)
- You need 2 tablespoons of soft butter.
- You need 40 g of dark chocolate, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of medium egg.
- You need 2 tablespoons of semi-skimmed milk.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of caster sugar.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of self-raising flour.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of salted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped.
Sometimes a dessert is so good that you need to describe it in all caps. Eat it unfrosted or topped with your favorite chocolate icing. The peanut butter mug cake is one of my favorites. I just adjusted my recipe a little to add melty chocolate.
Mug cake (Chocolate and peanut butter) instructions
- Place the butter and chocolate in a 350ml mug and microwave for 10-20 seconds until melted.
- Add the egg and milk to the mug and beat with a form until throughly combined.
- Add the sugar, flour and salt and beat again until smooth, then float a tablespoon of peanut butter on top of the cake mixture but don't stir – this will sink down as the cake cooks to create a lovely gooey peanut butter centre..
- Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes 20 seconds @600W, 2 minutes @800W or 1 minute 40 seconds @1000W.
- While the cake is still warm, top with the remaining peanut butter. Wait for it to melt slightly and then scatter with peanuts, curl up on the sofa and enjoy!.
I used chocolate chunks rather than standard chocolate chips since the chunks are bigger. I'm so happy Nestle came out with chocolate chunks so I don't have to buy them at specialty baking. This is my own version of the chocolate microwave mug cake. Add in some chocolate chips or an extra drizzle of peanut butter on top for the most delicious mug cake recipe. I really prefer my banana chocolate peanut butter mug cake with no eggs in it.