Sweet potato and berries smoothie. This Sweet Potato Smoothie is a healthy breakfast option, made with cooked sweet potatoes and anti-inflammatory turmeric and ginger. Adding sweet potato to your smoothie adds extra nutrition to your morning! Here are some of my favorite things about them.
This Japanese Sweet Potato Smoothie is rich, creamy and ultra delicious! Naturally sweetened thanks to the sweet potato and dates and nutty from the tahini. They are called Satsumaimo (さつまいも) in Japanese and have a purple on the outside and white and creamy. You can cook Sweet potato and berries smoothie using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato and berries smoothie
- You need 1/2 of raw sweet potato.
- Prepare 2 of medium frozen bananas.
- It’s 100 g of raspberries.
- You need 100 g of blueberries.
- You need 100 g of strawberries.
- It’s 1 cup of orange juice (300ml).
If you've never tried sweet potato in a smoothie before, you're in for a treat. They add a nice creamy texture as well as some sweetness and subtle flavor. In some ways it evokes the pumpkin in the pumpkin pie smoothie, and you can substitute sweet potato for the pumpkin in that recipe. I usually grate raw sweet potatoes for easier blending in smoothies, but the frozen chunks make it super simple to toss directly into the blender and help keep the whole thing cold.
Sweet potato and berries smoothie instructions
- Wash your raw sweet potato very well and cut it with its peel in bite size..
- Add the sweet potato in the blender with the other fruits.
- Blend for 2/3 minutes and serve it fresh. You can also decorate with eatable herbs to give it a touch of finesse.
You can easily substitute sweet potatoes in for carrot, mango, or peach in your current favorite recipe. This sweet potato mango smoothie is packed with nutrition and perfect for breakfast! Okay, the sweet potato might sound a bit weird, but tastes great in a smoothie. Not only does it naturally sweeten the smoothie, but gives me a big shot of Vitamin A into my system. This sweet potato smoothie tastes like a sweet banana pie and is absolutely gorgeous.