Beef Liver and Onions in Gravy. Gently rinse liver slices under cold water, and place in a medium bowl. Pour in enough milk to cover. My dad is a huge fan of liver and onions and when mom is out of the house this is the time I can make it for him.
How to Make Liver & Onions in Gravy. Dip liver pieces in flour fry, till brown (not dry will finish cook in gravy)remove from pan. Pad them dry and dash all slices with the salt and pepper. You can have Beef Liver and Onions in Gravy using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Liver and Onions in Gravy
- It’s 1 lb. of Beef Livers, cut into pieces.
- It’s 1 of Yellow Onion, sliced.
- You need of Self Rising Flour.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Garlic Powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt and Black Pepper,.
- Prepare 3 Cups of Beef Broth.
Coat the bottom of a large Make sure to frequently stir onions and don't let them burn. Melt butter in pan and add onions. A variation that uses the diet black cherry cola is provided at the end of this recipe. Sauté onions to a golden brown and layer liver and onions in alternating layers in a pot.
Beef Liver and Onions in Gravy instructions
- In a bowl add a cup or so of flour, add the garlic powder, and salt and Black Pepper..mix til combined. Set aside. Slice the beef Livers and dredge in the flour mixture. Set aside..
- In a large skillet heat some butter til melted and skillet is hot, then add the sliced onions and saute til your desired preference. Then transfer onions to a plate and keep warm. In the same skillet add a little bit oil and get pan hot…add the Livers and fry for a minute or two on each side. Then add the onions back to the skillet with the livers..
- Add a cup or two of beef broth and make a slurry with a half cup of broth and flour, mix and add to the skillet. Stir then let simmer til gravy is thickened. Then serve immediately…I serve this over Mashed Potatoes or Rice ☺️.
Deglaze skillet with beef stock, stir, add sour cream, and stir once more for a gravy. Beef Liver and Onions with GravyThe Wolfe Pit. Liver And Onions In Crock Pot Recipes. Check out this Beef Liver and Onions recipe from Lake Geneva Country Meats. We know, beef liver sounds disgusting, but, with this recipe, the lowly beef liver will be transformed into a culinary masterpiece!