kid friendly sloppy joes. These kid-friendly sloppy Joes are the perfect dinner. Sweet, meaty, and rich – a meal your children are sure to remember when they're adults. Your kids will devour this easy Sloppy Joe Mashed Potato Pie.
Your kids will clamor for you to make this Sloppy Joe Pie again and again! This kid friendly sloppy joe recipe is super easy to prepare, the ultimate frugal meal, and freezer friendly! It's rich and thick, savory but sweet, and oh so hearty. You can have kid friendly sloppy joes using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of kid friendly sloppy joes
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion,chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green pepper,chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves,minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 small of can tomato soup(10.75 oz.).
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
I am sure my kids will think back and fondly remember their time devouring these sloppy joes. This truly is kid friendly cuz there are no "pieces or green things" for the kids to pick out. Sloppy joes are an American treasure. The sauce in this version has ketchup as a base, with cider vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
kid friendly sloppy joes instructions
- brown beef in a large skillet over med.heat.cook until evenly browned,stirring until crumbled.add onion,green pepper,and garlic. cook for 5 min..
- stir in ketchup, tomato soup, vinegar, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.season w/ salt,pepper and garlic powder.let simmer for 5-10 min..
- serve over buns,and enjoy..
This recipe as is is very good and kid friendly! My one year old gobbles it up. My husband and I enjoy it as well. I've combined two kid-friendly classics—cheeseburgers and sloppy Joes—to make a meal no picky kid could resist. There are veggies hiding in the meat!