Easy Jacket Potatoes. Jacket potatoes or baked potatoes can be served as they are as a side dish for other dishes. Just imagine a good steak sprinkled with coarse salt and a steaming jacket potato topped with a small. See more ideas about Jacket potato, Potatoes, Recipes.
Try fancy twice baked potatoes, baked sweet potatoes or a new topping to tickle your taste buds. An easy jacket potato recipe for you during this lockdown period, so #stayhome and cook #withme this delicious recipe. Put the potatoes at the top of the oven—straight on the rack, not a baking tray. You can cook Easy Jacket Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Jacket Potatoes
- You need 4 large of potatoes, washed.
- It’s 1 medium of brown onion, peeled-1/2'd & sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sliced bacon.
- You need 3/4 cup of Sour cream.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Grated cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Sprinkle garlic salt.
- It’s 1 of Cracked black pepper.
- You need 1 of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 stick of Green onion, sliced.
Master the art of the perfect baked jacket potato (we know how to get the skin extra crispy) with this expert step-by-step guide, then try out one of our delicious baked potato filling ideas. Simple jacket potatoes that are ready in a flash thanks to the microwave. Experiment with the toppings – add diced ham, spring onion, cottage cheese or even salsa! The humble jacket potato is one of life's simple pleasures.
Easy Jacket Potatoes step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 180*C..
- In a large mixing bowl- throw in spuds and coat with olive oil and garlic salt. Transfer to oven and bake until skin is crunchy and starts to wrinkle and centre is soft. Remove from oven..
- Meanwhile- fry onion and bacon until bacon is cooked and onion is slightly caramelised. Remove and set aside..
- Now slice spuds lengthways (not all the way through) so you can add your filling. Bacon and onion first- then sour cream- grated cheese on top and seasoning..
- Return to the oven until cheese has melted. Sprinkle with sliced green onion and serve. Goes really well as a side with pork chops- or a nice piece of beef steak. Enjoy!.
- Serves 4 sides. More people over for dinner? Just cook a few more spuds and up the ingredients..
Just throw in the oven then fill with your Simply throw in the oven then fill with your favourite fillings – easy peasy! Jacket potatoes, or baked potatoes, are potatoes left unpeeled and eaten in their flavorful jackets. They're delicious with a simple dressing of butter and salt. Jacket Potatoes was on my tobake list since I saw it in SK's no oil cookbook. If you choose bigger potatoes then filling the stuffing will be easy but while eating, the outer layer of potato will be bland.