Potato and Ground Beef Gratin. Brown ground beef using vegetable oil. Set aside and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Arrange browned beef on top of potato mixture.
In a small bowl combine the paprika, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper. Top with beef; spread remaining potatoes over beef. This hearty, wintry dish is a cross between a shepherd's pie and potato gratin It's got a layer of browned ground beef spiked with onions, sage and spinach on the bottom, with a luscious, cheese- and cream-slathered root vegetable topping that turns golden and crisp-edged in the oven If you aren't a rutabaga fan, you can use all potatoes, or a combination of white and sweet potatoes The Best Ground Beef Potatoes Recipes on Yummly You can cook Potato and Ground Beef Gratin using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato and Ground Beef Gratin
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of freth thyme leaves.
- You need 3 cup of milk.
- It’s 3 cup of shredded mild Cheddar cheese (12 oz.).
- Prepare 6 medium of white potatoes, peeled, thinly clliced.
Then, top the potatoes with half of the ground beef mixture. Next, arrange another layer of potato slices over beef. Add remaining beef mixture and top with last layer of potatoes. Alternate ground beef mixture, then potatoes until completely used.
Potato and Ground Beef Gratin instructions
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray..
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef, salt and pepper over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain..
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onion; cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in flour. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in thyme..
- Stir milk into onion mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in 2 cups of the cheese until melted..
- Spread half of the potatoes in baking dish. Top with beef; spread remaining potatoes over beef. Pour cheese sauce over potatoes..
- Cover with foil; bake 45 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese over potatoes. Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes longer or until top is brown and bubbly and potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Pour cheese sauce over ground beef and potato mixture. Top with a pinch of paprika and grated cheese. Repeat with the remaining potatoes, soup mixture and ground beef. Sprinkle the cheese over the mixture. How to make a cheesy potato casserole with ground beef!