Crockpot beans and smoked turkey. Join me in the Kitchen as I prepare a simple meal, letting the Crockpot do all the work. Crockpot Black Eyed Peas with Jalapeño, Bacon and SausageThe Defined Dish. I used a smoked turkey leg.
This easy turkey chili recipe uses lean ground turkey and a whole lotta beans! Make this in the slow Instant Pot Directions: Press saute, spray with oil and brown the turkey and onion, breaking the Really needed acid, though. I will also add some smoked sweet paprika next time for depth of flabor. You can have Crockpot beans and smoked turkey using 17 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot beans and smoked turkey
- It’s 3 1/3 cup of water or enough to submerge ingredients.
- It’s 4 can of 16 oz northern beans drained & rinse.
- Prepare 1 can of 16 oz kidney beans drained & rinse (can also use roman beans).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of jennie-o turkey pastrami (cubed).
- You need 1 lb of smoked turkey neck or 3 large pieces.
- Prepare 14 oz of can carrots (you can use 1/2 cup fresh, cut in small even sizes).
- You need 1 stick of celery (washed & cut in half).
- You need 1 cup of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 3 pinch of dry oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of creole seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of complete seasoning or your favorite.
- Prepare 1 of sazon goya with coriander & annatto (1 envelope).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ripped pitted black olives cut in halves (optional).
To make this soup I used a smoked turkey thigh. These and smoked turkey drumsticks are available at most grocery stores. If you have never bought them, I encourage you to give them a try. Smoked Turkey & Cannellini Bean Soup.
Crockpot beans and smoked turkey step by step
- Place everything in your crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours. Uncover for the last 2 hours, watching that it does dry too much. I usually just leave overnight. Next time I think I'll add cabbage & chick peas. Serve with white rice, corn bread or baguette..
Now we make a big pot of white bean soup with smoked turkey with whole wheat cornbread all winter long. Brown smoked sausage; cut in small slices. and mixture is dry. Nestle smoked turkey leg into beans. Add to pot with remaining ingredients. Remove turkey carefully onto plate and cool enough to handle, then shred turkey meat back into crock pot.