Eggs over Pot Roast on Toast. Add the egg yolks and mix until dissolved. Serve over toast and season with salt and white pepper. My mom made this every Easter, and called it "Goldenrod Eggs" because of the sprinkled yolks over the creamed egg.
I used some left over pot roast to make machaca and egg breakfast burritos!! Eggs on toast is a delicious breakfast. Add your eggs to the heated skillet and cook over medium heat. You can cook Eggs over Pot Roast on Toast using 6 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggs over Pot Roast on Toast
- It’s 2 large of bacon fried eggs.
- It’s 1 slice of leftover potroast.
- You need 2 slice of toast.
- You need 1 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of optional:.
- You need 1 dash of hot sauce.
Once your pan is warmed up, you can add the eggs. In a large bowl, combine eggs, half-and-half, sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla, salt and nutmeg and beat until well Pour egg mixture over bread, folding bread gently to make sure each piece is coated. Creamed Eggs on Toast: This is another of my recipes that makes eggs taste great. It is also my daughter's favorite.
Eggs over Pot Roast on Toast step by step
- See my profile for bacon fried eggs! Make those, set aside and then proceed to next step..
- Cut a chunk of leftover cold potroast to about the size of a slice of bread that your going to use. Cut potroast piece into bite sized chunks..
- Place potroast in hot skillet with leftover bacon grease from frying the egg..
- Heat and toss until heated through. Remove from skillet and let drain a bit on a paper towel lined plate..
- Toast bread as you would like as light or dark as you would like..
- Take one slice of toast and sprinkle as much cheddar cheese as you would like..
- Place bits of pot roast on top..
- Lay eggs on top of pot roast..
- Sprinkle on hot sauce if you so desire..
- Place other slice of toast on top..
- Gently press down on top until the yolks pop! And run down..
- HINTS n TIPS:.
- I like using buttered toast!.
- Bacon grease is optional but gives it more of a breakfast taste with the flavor of bacon..
- You can use any type of cheese you prefer..
- You can use scrambled eggs if you prefer..
- Any type of toast you like will work…
- Pot roast that is best for this is pot roast that has been soaking in its own juices overnight..
I learned about this one Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot so it doesn't burn on the bottom. The sauce is sensitive to scorching and it will make the flavor a little off if it does. Pot Roast Hash Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Serve eggs over hash; sprinkle with chives. Freeze option: Place shredded pot roast and vegetables in a freezer container; top with cooking juices.