烤蝦醬雞 BAKED PRAWN PASTE CHICKEN (HAR CHEONG GAI) – NO FRYING. Almost everybody in Singapore loves prawn paste chicken wings (Har Cheong Gai). Although I must say that these wings are best if deep-fried, I know many of. Har Cheong Gai is one of the popular food you will find at the majority of Singapore Tze Char (Zhu Chao), which literally means cook and stir-fry.
If you have never tasted har jiong gai before, the idea of marinating chicken in a paste that is made with fermented ground shrimp that has been mixed with But if you have eaten har jiong gai any time in the past, you'd know that it is not just delicious, it is addictive. Har jiong gai tastes like nothing else. Har Cheong Gai aka 虾酱鸡, is one zi char dish EVERYONEN loves, it's a mark of a true blue local. You can cook 烤蝦醬雞 BAKED PRAWN PASTE CHICKEN (HAR CHEONG GAI) – NO FRYING using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 烤蝦醬雞 BAKED PRAWN PASTE CHICKEN (HAR CHEONG GAI) – NO FRYING
- You need 1 kg of – Chicken mid joint (approximately 15 pcs).
- You need 2 tablespoons of – prawn paste.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of – shao hsing wine.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of – Oyster sauce (I used mushroom sauce).
- You need 1 tablespoon of – sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of – sugar (I used cane sugar).
- You need Half of teaspoon – white pepper.
- You need of Corn starch / potato starch.
We're glad to say that we are damn proud of our recipe, it's. Shrimp Paste Chicken is a uniquely Singaporean way of cooking deep-fried chicken! Regular batter is replaced with a special shrimp paste batter, so that the wing packs a punch full of flavour. I'll be sharing my recipe for this dish, so you can now easily whip up a tasty plate of har cheong gai at home!.chicken (har cheong gai 虾酱鸡).
烤蝦醬雞 BAKED PRAWN PASTE CHICKEN (HAR CHEONG GAI) – NO FRYING instructions
- Use a bowl mix the above seasoning well (the prawn paste sauce that I used is in the picture below).
- Pour it over the mid joints, massage and marinate well *recommended to marinate over 1 night*.
- Preheat oven 200degree Celsius.
- Coat corn starch / potato starch all over the mid joints (give it a good shake to get rid of the excess).
- Baked till it turns golden brown and crispy.
- Enjoy! 😋😋.
In a mixing bowl, combine shrimp. Prawn Paste Chicken (also known as fermented shrimp paste chicken or "har cheong gai"/虾酱 The main ingredient for the chicken marinade is prawn paste (shrimp paste) which is truly "smelly" Air-fried Prawn Paste Chicken Recipe (above). See Also: Baked Marmite Chicken Wings Recipe. Har Cheong Gai (Prawn Paste Chicken) Har Cheong Gai is a Singaporean fried chicken dish which is very common at the Tze Char places. Prawn paste is prepared by simmering prawn fat in a pan, mixed with shallots, garlics, and fish sauce, and cooked until it is thickened.