Chicken drum in soy sauce and oyster sauce. Prepared oyster sauce, available at most grocery stores, adds the essence of oysters to this dish. Chicken thighs baked with a sweet, garlicky oyster sauce mixture. The easiest recipe to fix when expecting unexpected company!
Oyster sauce chicken is a comfort food like no other comfort food I know. A sauce made with just oyster sauce will just taste of that – plain oyster sauce dolloped on greens. And if you're happy with that, then there's no need to Hi Michelle, sorry you found it too salty, just reduce the amount of soy in it for your own taste (it's usually quite strong as it dilutes the flavour once. You can cook Chicken drum in soy sauce and oyster sauce using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken drum in soy sauce and oyster sauce
- Prepare of Ingredients:.
- It’s 600 gr of chicken drum.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3/4 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1/2 of onion (sliced).
- It’s 200 ml of Water.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1/2 of tomato (sliced).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 of green onion (sliced.
All soy sauce is not made equal! Learn when to use each variety of soy sauce, and what they taste Chinese style soy sauces are usually brewed for a few weeks with soybeans, salt, wheat and water. Try stir frying chicken or pork, or marinating beef strips. In a large saucepan, heat the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
Chicken drum in soy sauce and oyster sauce instructions
- Place the garlic and a pinch of salt in a mortar and pastle. Crush it until the garlic turns into garlic paste, and then Add 3/4 tsp of white pepper. Mix them well. (You can use garlic chrusher instead of mortar and pestle).
- Place the chicken in a bowl, and season it with a little bit of salt.
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- If the oil is already hot enough, fry the chicken until the skin turn into golden brown (round about 2 minutes each side), and set the chicken aside.
- Take out the rest of the oil from the pan, but leave a little bit of it in the pan.
- To the same pan, add the mixture of garlic and white pepper, saute it until fragrant, Add the onion and stir it for 1 minute, and then add the water. Bring it to a boil.
- Stir in soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Stir it evenly.
- Add the chicken and tomato in to the pan, cover the pan, cook the chicken until well done, and the sauce is thickened. Stir it occasionally! (Don't forget to taste it, if you need more salt, just add it).
- If the sauce is already thickened, set the chicken aside, sprinkle some slices green onion on the top as garnish.
- Chicken drum in soy sauce and oyster sauce is ready to be served.
- Check the video how did I make this recipe on my YouTube channel : https://youtu.be/6eMURVUgGUE.
Add the green onions, Bok Choy or Chinese greens, soy sauces, oyster sauce & the noodles. Chicken and eggplant in garlic sauce is my all-time favorite dish from the Chinese takeout menu. I LOVE eggplant and I like how it tastes so good with chicken and. Oyster sauce describes a number of sauces made by cooking oysters. The most common in modern use is a viscous dark brown condiment made from oyster extracts, sugar.