Oven-baked Potato Chips. Baked potato chips are the perfect snack or side. This crispy baked potato chips recipe is easy enough for anyone to make and will certainly serve to satisfy crunchy cravings without all the calories. Best of all, these homemade baked potato chips actually taste better.
These crispy thin potato slices are just divine. Crispy Veggie Chips from Root Vegetables Potato chips are no longer forbidden when you're trying to lose weight. You can cook Oven-baked Potato Chips using 3 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oven-baked Potato Chips
- It’s 3 medium of potatoes or sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of seasoning salt (or lemon pepper).
These crisp and tasty chips are made from thin slices of russet potato that are tossed in a small amount of oil and baked. Depending on where you live may affect When layering the potatoes, be sure they have space between them so the heat has plenty of room to get all around each chip. Learn how to make baked potatoes with this simple step-by-step video tutorial and baked potato recipe. These baked potatoes are crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, and SO delicious.
Oven-baked Potato Chips step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Thinly slice the potatoes (the thinner the better) and place in a sealable container or bag. Set aside..
- With a fork or whisk, mix together the oil and your desired spice (I prefer seasoning salt or lemon pepper). Note: If using sweet potatoes, spices are optional..
- Pour over the potatoes, stirring continually to prevent the spices from settling in the oil..
- Seal your container/bag of choice and shake until potatoes are thoroughly coated..
- Dump onto baking sheets. Aim for minimal overlap of chips. 2 large baking sheets needed. (Note: Line the baking sheets with parchment paper to aid in clean-up afterwards.).
- Place as close to the bottom element as possible (lower rack) and back at 400°F for 10-13 minutes..
- Remove and flip then return to the oven for another 10-13 minutes until lightly browned and crispy..
- Alternatively set oven to broil and place as close to the top element as possible (instead of flipping the chips). Monitor closely until lightly browned and crispy (about 5 minutes. Will depend on thickness of potatoes)..
- Remove from tray and serve with desired salads and meat. (Great to spruce up a hot dog or hamburger lunch)..
Place sliced potatoes on cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil or spray with cooking spray. The tips and lessons I learned: Watch CLOSELY. These go from under done to over done in a matter of seconds! Potato chips are a classic favorite snack for kids and even picky eaters.