Pot Roast. Pot roast is a braised beef dish made by browning a roast-sized piece of beef before slow cooking the meat in a covered dish, sometimes with vegetables, in or over liquid. Pot roasts typically use the tougher cuts of beef—a chuck roast or shoulder roast—which have the most flavor. For pot roasts, and other slow cooked tough meats, fat is your friend!
Slow Cooked Balsamic Pot Roast is perfect for an easy weekday or weekend dinner! Fall apart-tender beef is slow cooked in a garlic balsamic sauce, along with potatoes and carrots to complete your meal! Dutch oven pot roast recipes are the ultimate comfort food. You can cook Pot Roast using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- You need 1 of chuck roast.
- Prepare 3 packages of onion soup powder mix.
- Prepare 1 packages of baby carrots.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion.
- It’s 5 of red potatoes.
- It’s 1 can of french style green beans.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 pinch of pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of garlic.
- Prepare 4 of celery sticks.
When juicy pot roast simmers in garlic, onions and veggies, everyone comes running to ask, "When can we eat?" Making a simple, old-fashioned pot roast is an accomplishment any cook can achieve. In fact, many cooks swear pot roast is even better the second day after all the flavors have time to mix and mingle. Pot Roast – fall apart beef, tender flavour infused vegetables and potatoes smothered in a rich gravy. It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make, especially if you use a slow cooker.
Pot Roast instructions
- put roast in.
- pour on onion soup powder.
- salt and pepper.
- chop up veggies, put on roast.
- cover everything with water, stick in fridge overnight.
- slow cook 8-10 hours.
One of the best bang-for-buck meals of all time. Thanks to Turo for sponsoring this video! Classic Pot Roast is an easy comfort food that is an absolute favorite. A one pot meal made easy in Remember, I said that pot roast isn't a specific cut of meat and is more the method of how you cook. This Instant Pot Pot Roast is so tender it falls apart when you try to take it out.