Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice). This is a flavourful breakfast recipe/ can be had as any meal of the day. How to make – Aaloo Pohe or Flattened Rice with Potatoes – Indian Vegan Recipe. Great dish for breakfast! "SUBSCRIBE" here to get updated on every new.
Makes for an amazing and easy breakfast. Made with thick poha, peanuts and potatoes. While the potatoes are cooking, add in the red chilli powder and the turmeric powder. You can cook Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice) using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice)
- You need 2.5 cups of thick Puffed Rice.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 2-3 of Potato.
- You need 3 of Green chilli.
- You need 1 tsp of Raw mango shredded (optional).
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 3-4 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Urrad dal.
- It’s 1 tsp of Channa dal.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s Leaves of Curry.
- Prepare 3 of cashews.
- It’s 10-15 of Peanuts.
- You need 0.5 tsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare 0.25 tsp of Hing.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of For topping:.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- It’s 1 of tomato.
- Prepare of Sev (optional).
- Prepare 0.25 tsp of Aamchur Powder (optional).
- You need Pinch of chat masala powder(optional).
- Prepare of Yogurt (side).
Cover and cook till the potatoes are well done. Poha Ladoos Poha Ladoos Sweet Poha Kozhukattai Sweet Poha. Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you. Now add in potatoes and chilli powder, Mix well.
Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice) instructions
- Soak Poha in water adding a tsp of salt and sugar for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes drain the water..
- Now in a pan take oil + mustard seeds + Urrad dal + Channa dal + curry leaves + cumin seeds. Let it splutter..
- Now add turmeric + Hing + Peanuts + Ginger + chilli to the same pan and sauté for a awhile..
- Now add onion + raw mango and sauté for 5-10 minutes.
- Now add potato and keep it in simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt.
- Once it’s cooked, add rinsed Poha and sauté well. Add salt + sugar + lemon + coriander leaves. Keep it in low flame for 5 minutes..
- Now transfer delicious poha to a plate. You can add chopped tomatoes + carrot as topping. Also garnish by adding chaat masala + Aamchur powder + Sev and serve it with curd (yoghurt).
Cover and simmer till potatoes are cooked. Now increase the heat and roast the potatoes till it gets golden. Gujarati aloo poha recipe or batata poha – A perfect breakfast dish made from poha – flattened rice and batata – potato. The aloo poha or batata To make delicious aloo poha for breakfast we need these ingredients. Beaten rice or poha, potato, onion, green chilies, peanuts, curry leaves, lemon, oil.