Healthy egg chickpeas mayonnaise salad. Pin Recipe to Your Board Today! Chickpea egg salad is a great make-ahead recipe to serve on toast for breakfast or as a sandwich or wrap for lunch. It's also delicious served on lettuce or tomato slices, or simply enjoy it by the spoonfuls.
You can also serve the salad as a dip with vegetable crudités, which would be especially nice to serve as an appetiser for guests. Meal prep it for weekday lunch or healthy snack. Meal prep it for weekday lunch or healthy snack. You can cook Healthy egg chickpeas mayonnaise salad using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy egg chickpeas mayonnaise salad
- You need 2 of boiled eggs.
- You need 1 bowl of chickpeas boiled.
- You need 1/2 bowl of shredded cabbage.
- It’s 1/2 bowl of Russian salad prepared with steamed beans, peas, carrots and potatoes mixed in mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 bowl of mixed bell peppers- red, yellow and green.
- You need As needed of Salad pieces of cucumber, beet, and carrots.
- Prepare 1 each of Chopped onions and tomatoes dipped in lemon juice with salt and black pepper.
- It’s as needed of Coriander leaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mustard sauce.
Mashed chickpeas, vegan mayo, dijon, salt, and pepper make the perfect substitute for an egg salad or chicken salad sandwich. This Vegan Egg Mayonnaise Salad is super creamy and full of flavour – a quick yet healthy meal that's perfect for summer! I've used chickpeas to make a vegan "tuna mayonnaise" before, which got me thinking about other ways I could use it and I started thinking about egg mayonnaise. Chickpea Egg Salad Variations: If you want to add some greens to bulk this up, I think peppery baby arugula would be great.
Healthy egg chickpeas mayonnaise salad step by step
- Firstly the boiled yellow portion that is yolk is sautéed in mustard sauce with pinch of mayonnaise. It tastes awesome.
- Boiled chickpeas, added chopped onions and tomatoes, sprinkled lemon juice with salt and black pepper. Garnished with coriander leaves.
- One part is of Russian salad which adds lots of nutritional ingredients.
- Layer one side of plate with shredded cabbage, bell peppers, sprinkled lemon juice. Over it some pieces of cucumber, carrots and beet root..
- Enjoy each and every bite of this nutritious salad..
If you want to add more protein, this would be great with salt cod (bacalao), smoked fish, grilled chicken or tuna. Chickpea water is a great substitute for eggs as it whips up into a frothy meringue like mix when beaten. These little gems are the perfect food for everyone but most especially if you would like to eat vegan food. Today's recipe is like the ultra "egg" salad version of chickpea salad sandwiches. My original version was this veggie-filled variation that used half red lentils and half chickpeas for the base.