Grecian pork chops. Add pork chops and turn to coat. Freeze option: Freeze chops with marinade in a freezer container. This quick and easy Grecian Pork Chops Recipe is a delicious, fast way to prepare perfect pork your family will love!
Juicy Greek pork chops marinated in olive oil, oregano, garlic and lemon grilled until golden brown and perfectly cooked are delicious as an easy dinner. How to make Greek pork chops Make a simple marinade of olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, freshly minced garlic, dried oregano, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper. Greek pork chops recipe – Tips for the perfect oven-baked pork chops (Brizola) Of course the best option is to grill the brizola (Greek pork chops) on a char-coal barbecue, to get them all crispy and smokey. You can cook Grecian pork chops using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grecian pork chops
- You need 4 of boneless pork chops.
- You need 6 of medium-sized potatoes peeled and cut into quarters.
- You need 2 of lemons juiced, zested.
- Prepare 4 of shallots diced.
- You need 5 of large garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 (14 Oz) of can chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of pinot, grigio wine.
- It’s of flour 3 tablespoons to thicken the sauce.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oregano, lemon pepper.
- You need of salt, note if you are using lemon pepper seasoning, I would tast.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of I also have made this by adding some chicken bouill.
However if you don't have the time or space for a proper barbecue, this Greek pork chops recipe is suitable for frying and oven-roasting. In order to cook a juicy pork chop, there is one thing you must do, don't overcook it. Pork chops are a very lean cut of meat that's why they can easily become dry when cooked. And although the best way to cook a pork chop is to either grill it or to pan fry it.
Grecian pork chops step by step
- Heat pan to medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon each olive oil, butter. Dredge pork chops in seasoned flour, place in pan. Sear each side 3-4 minutes. Remove and cover. Lower heat to medium, add more oil to pan. Add shallots, garlic saute 4-5 minutes until softened. Add lemon juice, zest, chicken broth, and wine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Add oregano, pepper, salt. If sauce too thin add flour. Arrange potatoes in baking pan. Arrange pork chops on top..
- Pour sauce over the pork chops. Stir so sauce is integrated..
- Sprinkle a little oregano on top. 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until potatoes are done. I keep it covered with foil for 45 minutes, then uncover, put temperature to 400 for the end..
- Garlic bread or a good crusty bread to sop, up the sauce. I served it with green beans in lemon pepper butter. No leftovers.husband asks for it all the time..
Use a sharp knife and make several small slits into the pork chops before adding them to the marinade mixture. Marinate for at least one hour, mixing occasionally. (Two hours is ideal at room temperature). Barbecue or grill in the usual manner, using the marinade to brush on while cooking. This simple Greek pork chop marinade is fantastic. It's easy to mix up and adds so much flavour to the pork chops.