Sheree's Southern Pork Chops. Great recipe for Sheree's Southern Pork Chops. EARLY THANKSGIVING!!! im a prepper.. so the night before season the pork chops so theyre ready to go!!! :hungry :hungry :hungry (L) WHAT SIDES GO WITH PORK CHOPS. Cornbread is always a tasty pairing with anything that features pork.
Even though pork is a mild protein, smothered pork chops in this rich onion gravy calls for bold flavoured wine. This easy Smothered Pork Chops recipe is a Southern classic and true soul food that always satisfies. The velvety, savory gravy and tender, juicy pork chops go so well together and are as perfect for weeknight cooking as they are for Sunday supper. You can cook Sheree's Southern Pork Chops using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sheree's Southern Pork Chops
- Prepare 4 of bone in pork chops (they just tend to have more flavor).
- It’s 1 of ***** season with season salt, garlic powder, pepper.
- You need 1/4 of bacon grease or veggie oil…. i cooked cheesy tater, which i will post… so i had fried bacon.
- You need of apples.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of all spice…. nutmeg… or pumpkin spice.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 of tart apple… i like granny smith…. cored and peeled (save peel).
- You need of dressing.
- You need 1 box of pork flavoured dressing mix.
- You need 3 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sage.
- You need 1 stalk of celery minced.
- You need 1/2 of onion…minced.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of water or chicken broth.
I use thin cut, bone in pork chops for my recipe. However, you can use thick cut pork chops ( you may need to cook thick cut pork chops longer), and you may also use boneless pork chops. If you have pork steaks, you can use them too! I've been on a slow cooker kick, so I slow cook my smothered pork chops.
Sheree's Southern Pork Chops step by step
- I cut up apple into thin slices… circles or 1/2 moons are fine… I put lemon juice on slices and mix to cover apple slices.
- Add brown sugar, 1/2 stick melted butter, nutmeg and stir with slices of apple mix well….
- Sit aside apple mixture.
- ** I have Bacon grease that I save… I was making BROCCOLI / POTATO SCALLOPED POTATO (I will also post it)..
- Season the pork chops and set in fridge for an hour…. bring them out and let the rest for 15 minutes… fry the pork chops in the drippings until brown on both sides…
- Mix one box of dressing mix with minced onion, celery, and Peel from apple…. I usually put it all in food processor together….
- 1 1/2 cup of water….sage….should be mixed with dressing mix and put in the bottom of sprayed casserole dish.
- Layer pork chops on top and put apple mix ontop of each pork chop…
- Cut butter into 1 Tbsp pieces (4).
- Place them on dressing… cover tightly with aluminium foil and let bake for 35 -40 minutes at 350°.
However you CAN bake them if you choose. Thanks to Dandy for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own! This Southern Pork Chop Dinner is an entire meal that cooks in one pot! We have the best Southern Smothered Pork Chops you will ever try!