Roasted Pork Chops and Butternut Squash with Kale. Here, we paired pork chops with roasted butternut squash, kale, and fresh sage. Roasted butternut squash with garlic is a quick and easy side dish ready in less than an hour for a weeknight or a holiday gathering. Meanwhile, return the skillet to medium heat and add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
While roasting the squash, prep the onions and kale and then sauté them with balsamic vinegar, adding the squash. Pork chops are a favorite in our society. Butternut squash – It's easy to find pre-chopped butternut squash in your local market or peel and chop your own butternut squash Set the pork aside and chop the butternut squash and onion. You can have Roasted Pork Chops and Butternut Squash with Kale using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Pork Chops and Butternut Squash with Kale
- It’s of Entree.
- Prepare 1 small of butternut squash (about 2lbs) – peeled, seeded, and cut into 1 1/2 in pieces.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh sage leaves.
- You need 2 1/3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of kosher salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 4 of bone-in pork chops (1in thick; about 2lbs).
- You need of Side.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 bunch of kale, thick ribs removed and leaves roughy cut (about 14 cups).
Other recommended sides include Sautéed Brussels Sprouts, Honey Glazed Carrots, Roasted. Sausage, Kale, and White Bean Soup Recipe. We're not going to lie – butternut squash can be a bit of a pain to prep. It's an extremely dense vegetable, which means you'll be working your arms to cut it Some great dishes that work with the cold weather theme include the Slow Cooked Pork Roast or this Chicken with Balsamic Pears recipe.
Roasted Pork Chops and Butternut Squash with Kale step by step
- Heat the oven to 400°.
- On a large, rimmed baking sheet toss the squash with the sage, 1Tbs of oil, 1/2tsp, and 1/4tsp of pepper..
- Roast, tossing once, until tender, about 30-35min..
- When the squash has been cooking for 20min, heat 1tsp of the remaining oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sear pork chops seasoned with 1/2tsp of salt and 1/4tsp of pepper for about 3-5min per side..
- Transfer seared pork chops to the baking sheet with the squash, return to the oven and bake until chops are cooked through, about 6-8min..
- Meanwhile, return the skillet to medium heat, adding the remaining Tbsp of oil..
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds..
- Add the kale, 1/4 cup water, and 1/4tsp salt. Cook, tossing the kale and scraping up any brown bits on the bottom until the kale is tender, about 5-7min..
I'm beyond obsessed with this Roasted Butternut Squash Kale Salad topped with honey roasted cranberries and crispy seasoned chickpeas. Simply skip roasting and toss them with the salad before adding dressing. Feel free to buy pre-chopped butternut if preferred. I love roasted butternut squash and it's so easy to make. If you hate peeling it and cutting it up, you can use the frozen one, or I know some grocery Which is why I now do the same to my kale, first I like to chop it really nice and small then give it a good massage for about a minute with some good.