Black chickpea with potatoes(kaale chana aloo). Kaale chane aloo (black chickpea with potatoes)yummy food blog.pls subscribe. This Chickpea Kale and Potato Curry was just what I needed. Because it's: Hearty and delicious: Filled with chunky tender potatoes, small chewy chickpeas, and leafy tender kale all in a simple tomato curry.
Black chickpea has an earthy, dense flavor and high roughage content. This dish is filling, a good source of carbs, protein and iron – besides being really tasty. This moroccan spiced chickpea, kale and sweet potato stew is a wonderful combination of warm spices, chickpeas and sweet potatoes and healthy comfort food. You can cook Black chickpea with potatoes(kaale chana aloo) using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black chickpea with potatoes(kaale chana aloo)
- You need 1/2 kg of black chickpea soaked overnight.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes, 1 cup tamarind soaked in 1/2cup warm water.
- Prepare 1 of onion sliced,1 tsp cumin seeds, few curry leaves,3 green chillies chopped.
- You need 1 of tbsn Kashmiri red chilli pwd, 1 tbsn turmeric and 1 tsp coriander pwd,2 tbsn oil and 1tbsn salt.
- You need of Garnish coriander leaves and few lemon slices.
- It’s of Pls check the ROASTED MASALA I mentioned.
- It’s of Below (its optional but give immense flavour).
A great tasting curry from scratch will always call for a fair few spices. However, the really nice thing about this curry recipe is that all the spices are ones you can find at everyday supermarkets. Aloo chana masala is a vegetarian Indian recipe made from Potato and Black Chickpea. It is a fast and flavorful meal infused with warm, aromatic Indian spices.
Black chickpea with potatoes(kaale chana aloo) instructions
- Boil the black chickpea with whole potato(not peeled) with salt..when done drain the water,now remove the pulp of tamarind n strain its juice,now heat oil in a pan add the onion, cumin seeds, curry leaves and chillies…mix well.
- Now add the dry masala n mix well n saute 2 mins now add the tamarind pulp n mix well n saute till oil floats up..
- When oil floats up…now add salt mix then add the chickpeas and diced potatoes n now add 1 tsp of roasted masala.
- Roasted masala pic1(dry roast 7 Kashmiri red chilli,2 tbsn coriander seeds with 1 tbsn cumin seeds…when cool n grind..store in airtight container can be used for many Indian dishes)now add the coriander leaves mix well.now serve hot garnish with coriander leaves, lemon slice and a pinch of roasted masala…enjoy😋pls do try.
While sweet potatoes are baking, prepare the kale and chickpeas. Place the kale in a large skillet over medium heat. When the kale is bright green and wilted, remove the from the skillet and set aside. Transfer the black chickpeas/kala chana to the Instant Pot and add enough water to cover the beans. In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat the oil.