Kolkata style Chicken Briyani. Hello Sharmistha, your recipe is good , but sorry to say. its not awadhi style biryani. Kolkata style Chicken Biryani is much lighter on spices and serving potato with meat is the specialty of Kolkata Biryani. Nutmeg, Mace, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Saffron, rose water and screwpine water ( Meetha Attar) these are the quintessential ingredients for this Biryani.
Which makes the biryani even more flavorful than any other states' biryani. Kolkata style mutton biryani is already on blog, today I'm going to share the 'Chicken biryani' recipe with you. Kolkata Chicken Biryani or Bengali style Chicken Dum Biryani is an epitome of indulgence in delicate delicious food. You can have Kolkata style Chicken Briyani using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kolkata style Chicken Briyani
- It’s 1 kg of chicken.
- It’s 4 of potatoes.
- You need 500 gm of Basmati rice.
- You need 3 of medium size slice onions.
- It’s as needed of oil for frying the birista and cooking.
- You need 1 cup of curd.
- It’s 2 tsp of ginger and garlic paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of birista (fried onion).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kewra water.
- It’s 1 tsp of rose water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of meetha attar.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black pepper powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of briyani masala powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 5 piece of alubukhara (dried plums).
- You need 1/2 cup of grated khoya.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cuo of milk.
- It’s pinch of saffron strands.
- Prepare 2 tsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 4 tsp of melted ghee.
Calcutta/Kolkata Chicken Biryani is a mixed rice dish inspired by Awadhi cuisine. Biryani usually cooked with rice, Yogurt, meat and spices. Calcutta Biryani is much lighter on spices and serving. This Calcutta Style Chicken Biryani is quite distinct in flavor from the rest and stands out with the use of potato in the biryani.
Kolkata style Chicken Briyani instructions
- First make birista for deep fry the slices onions till slightly golden in color then fry the potatoes once done keep it aside..
- Then marinate the chicken for this in a large mixing bowl mix together curd,ginger garlic paste,red chili powder, birista,kewra water,salt,biryani masala powder,pepper powder then add chicken pieces keep it aside for few hours,soak the rice for 30 minutes..
- Then heat a kadhai add some oil then add the marinated chicken pieces add the potatoes cook it on a low medium flame till it done.
- Now separate the chicken pieces and little gravy contain in it, set the kadhai grease it with some ghee then boil the rice with whole garam masala parboiled the rice, now assemble everything together..
- Some chicken pieces,potatoes,dried plum sprinkle with some biryani masala powder,grated khoya put some rice then soaked saffron milk mixture then again layered with rice sprinkle with biryani masala powder,grated khoya milk essence mixture melted butter ghee mixture and birista..
- Cover it with aluminum foil then put the lid on it cook it on very low flame for 35 minutes then turn off the heat keep it aside for 30 minutes then serve hot..
I have personally come to love meat and potato together and the Calcutta Style Chicken Biryani appeals to me on that level. As far as biryani goes India has a fair variety, something to please everyone. THE Kolkata Arsalan style Mutton Biryani recipe, I am finally ready to share the most requested, the much awaited and my favorite recipe till date. Kolkata Chicken Biryani Kolkata Chicken Biryani. Kolkata Chicken Biryani lovers get ready to be surprised as you find marinated chicken, aloo (potato) & dim (boiled eggs) hidden amongst the fragrant long grains of the finest Daawat basmati rice,dum cooked in yakhni gravy to perfection in a sealed handi.