Ham and Cheese Crustless Mini Quiches. Ham and Cheese Quiche Variations: You can swap the ham for bacon or sausage. Any cheese would work great here. Enjoy the flavor of ham and Swiss quiche, without the crust calories, in these mini quiches.
For gluten free preparation, confirm all recipe ingredients are gluten free by reading product labels each time you. This Low Carb Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche is an easy recipe filled with broccoli, ham, and cheese. It's a great low carb breakfast recipe or brunch idea to make ahead. You can cook Ham and Cheese Crustless Mini Quiches using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ham and Cheese Crustless Mini Quiches
- Prepare 1 of shallot, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced ham.
- You need 1 teaspoon of butter, salted or unsalted.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sour cream.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, such as franks red hot.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 2 of . tablespoons freshly grated romano cheese.
- It’s 1 of green onion, thin sliced.
Tasty Cheesy Crustless Mini Quiches can be served for brunch, lunch, or as an appetizer around dinner time. These tasty mini quiches are an easy way to please a crowd. For this snack, feel free to add another type of cheese to suit your preferences, or whatever you already have in your fridge. This Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche is not just easy to make, it's also a little easier on the waistline than traditional quiche.
Ham and Cheese Crustless Mini Quiches instructions
- Heat butter in a small skillet , add shallot and ham and cook gently just until shallot is soft. Cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spray mini muffin tin well with non stick spray. Have a baking sheet lined with foil to hold muffin tin.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, cream, sour cream, green onions, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Pour mixture into a measuring cup for easy pouring.
- Divide cooked shallot and ham among mini muffin cups.
- Divide cheddar cheese on too of ham and shallots.
- Pour egg custard evenly over.
- Sprinkle with romano cheese and bake 29 to 25 minutes just until set.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes , then remove.
- Serve warm or room temperature. They can be frozen and reheated just until warm in the mucrowave.
A great way to make use of leftover holiday ham! Mini quiches are a great option for everything from weekend breakfast to New Year's Eve parties, baby showers, bridal showers, and after school snacks. I especially love this ham and cheese version. Leftover ham is a thing in my life, possibly in yours too, and this is a great way to put it to use. I served this quiche recipe at a church lunch, and I had to laugh when one guy told me how much he disliked vegetables.