Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting. The Best Doctored Up Cake Mix Cake is the BEST CAKE OF ALL TIME EVER. Moist, fluffy, and topped with a supremely fudgy chocolate frosting. Check out all of my cake recipes here.
Easy Yellow Cake with Chocolate Fudge Frosting. I really really don't like making cakes. I love to bake and cook but cakes are a long process. You can cook Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting
- It’s of For the cake:.
- You need 18 oz. of devil's food cake mix.
- You need 3 oz. of instant chocolate pudding mix.
- You need 1 c of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 c of vegetable oil.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 c of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare pinch of sea salt.
- You need 2 c of semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional).
- You need of For the frosting:.
- Prepare 12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- You need 8 oz of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 c of butter.
- It’s 4 1/2 c of sifted powdered sugar.
A couple years ago a friend gave me her grandma's recipe for doctored-up cake mix chocolate cake. It uses extra eggs, sour cream, a pudding pack. I nuked the frosting, dipped in the cream puffs and they were a HUGE hit. People gushed over how good they were.
Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350ºF..
- Beat together all of ingredients until smooth batter forms, reserving the chocolate chips if using..
- Mix in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula. (optional).
- Divide batter into two 10-inch round baking pans (you can use other pans and baking times according to the directions on the cake mix box). Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Let cool before frosting..
- For the frosting, in large pan over low heat melt and stir semisweet chocolate pieces and butter. Cool 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Stir in powdered sugar; stir until smooth. Makes 4 cups..
In a medium-size, heavy saucepan over low heat, combine the butter and cream. Heat, stirring frequently, until the butter melts. See great recipes for Sofie's Masala Dal Soup with cheese and sour cream too! The end result is a fudgy chocolate layer cake with tons of frosting (and yes, it is going to be sweet). It is KEY to cut the layers in half.