Hawaiian Macaroni Salad. Get Inspired On Our Official Site. This Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is the real deal. A no-frills, creamy mac salad that is the perfect side dish for any BBQ or Luau!
This sweet and tangy macaroni salad is a classic dish that, like most pasta recipes, has many different variations. It's simple to make, and it always gets rave reviews. The creaminess of this salad is amazing and really sets it apart. You can cook Hawaiian Macaroni Salad using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Prepare 2-1/2 cup of Hellmans Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 pound of elbow macaroni I used corkscrew.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded carrots I used organic.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need To taste of kosher salt and ground black pepper.
This Classic Hawaiian Macaroni Salad recipe is a cookout staple. It has a creamy dressing that's tangy, sweet, and delicious! The trick to a good Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is to use a really good quality mayo. Best Foods was the top choice (or Hellmann's depending on where you live).
Hawaiian Macaroni Salad instructions
- Cook the pasta as instructed on package. Drain..
- Grate the carrots.
- Mix the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, and sugar. Add the carrots, salt, and pepper to the pasta..
- It's thick and creamy..
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture to the pasta and carrots..
- Mix everything well..
- It just needs to be chilled till throughly cooled. It can be made the day before. I hope you enjoy!.
How To Make Authentic Hawaiian Macaroni Salad: Cook your pasta, then let it soak up some apple cider vinegar before tossing it in the creamy mayo sauce. Hawaiian Macaroni Salad showed up on the plate a little later, when food trucks and roadside stands started selling plate lunches to the masses. Because everyone loves a good macaroni salad, and it was inexpensive, too. For gluten-free Hawaiian Macaroni Salad, use rice-flour macaroni. Hawaiians cook their macaroni until it's "fat." Turns out they know what they're doing.