Classic and Colorful Macaroni Salad. This easy Classic Macaroni Salad recipe will impress your family and friends at your next picnic or BBQ. This dish pairs well with almost anything. This classic macaroni salad recipe is made with chopped vegetables, mayonnaise, seasonings and hard-boiled eggs.
Forget store-bought macaroni salad — ours is a light, well-seasoned spin on the high-fat standard. For added color, stir in some diced tomatoes. Learn how to make a Macaroni Salad recipe! You can cook Classic and Colorful Macaroni Salad using 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic and Colorful Macaroni Salad
- You need 4 C of cooked elbow macaroni.
- It’s 1 of hard-boiled egg (chopped).
- It’s 1/4 C of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tbs of Yellow Mustard.
- Prepare 1 of medium Celery Rib (diced).
- You need 5 of Black Olives (sliced).
- It’s 3 tbs of Purple Onion (diced).
- Prepare 2 tbs of Dill Pickle (diced).
- Prepare 2 tbs of Red Bell Pepper (diced).
- It’s 1 tbs of Dill Pickle Juice.
- You need 2 tsp of Dill Weed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
My late Grandma Barb used to make one similar to this and I have to say I was inundated with thoughts of her while I was making it yesterday. My Gram loved to cook and Macaroni Salad was one of her specialties. She made it for all kinds of family gatherings, back yard. From Sardis, Ohio, Dorothy Bayes sends this refreshingly light take on an all-time favorite.
Classic and Colorful Macaroni Salad instructions
- Cook pasta to desired firmness, drain and cool..
- Mix all ingredients gently and place in airtight container in refrigerator for at least two hours before serving to let flavors meld..
Make this Classic Macaroni Salad for picnics and get togethers. Classic Macaroni Salad is the perfect dish for summertime gatherings. This is a classic, tasty, easy macaroni salad recipe! Made with classic ingredient staples including celery, red pepper, and onion and coated in a simple creamy mayo-based dressing, this is guaranteed to be a hit at every cookout and potluck this year! Macaroni salad is a type of pasta salad, served cold made with cooked elbow macaroni and usually prepared with mayonnaise.