Classic Macaroni Salad. This classic macaroni salad is a crowd-pleaser at every cookout, potluck, and picnic! Great macaroni salad and definitely classic picnic food! Everyone has their own take on these types of.
It's perfect for a fast weeknight dinner or festive weekend barbecue. Subscribe & check out my other videos! www.youtube.com/cookingandcrafting You all know how I love trying "different" or interesting recipes. The classic macaroni salad is a must make every year. You can cook Classic Macaroni Salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Classic Macaroni Salad
- You need 3 1/4 cup of Mayonaise.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Prepared yellow mustard (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 8 oz of Elbow macaroni (cooked as directed on box, rinsed with cold water & drained).
- You need 1 cup of Chopped celery.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped red or green bell pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Chopped tomatoes if desired.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Finely shredded cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top if desired.
We can't imagine summer without it! This is our tried and true trusted version, the one we always hope for leftovers the next day. The flavors in this classic macaroni salad version are derived from seasonings such as mustard powder, salt, ground black pepper, and vinegar. My Lady's Choice mayonnaise helps make the salad.
Classic Macaroni Salad step by step
- In large bowl combine first 6 ingredients..
- Add elbow macaroni, celery, green pepper and onion (& chopped tomato); toss to coat..
- Sprinkle with finely shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover; chill to blend flavors..
Classic Macaroni Salad should be more than just a summer time salad, I want to eat it year round. I think we should use Hawaii as an example, and serve "mac sal" with every meal as a side dish. How to make Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad: Dice the onion and set aside. The mayo: Most classic macaroni salads are not-very-good-for-you mayo bombs. Otherwise, this classic pasta salad is made with traditional macaroni salad ingredients.