Sweet potatoes bechamel. This scalloped sweet potato casserole with bechamel sauce and candied walnuts is a little fancier than my usual stuff. In my defense (I was raised by attorneys, of course I have a defense), I made it for Thanksgiving last year and you can't hold back when it comes to that holiday. Nope, you gotta have all the bells and whistles because people have high expectations when it comes to this.
Starving for cheesy scalloped potato gratin! Lucky for me, I had leftover potatoes from the best quinoa minestrone soup and leftover bechamel and cheese in the fridge from the croque madames! Cheesy scalloped potato gratin is a simple, but truly delicious dish. You can cook Sweet potatoes bechamel using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet potatoes bechamel
- It’s 3 kg of sweet potatoes.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of wheat flour.
- It’s 1 litre of full cream milk.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey (optional).
Remove from heat and add tomatoes and paste. To assemble, place half the veggie mix in the bottom of a large shallow oven dish. Start with a very thin layer of Bechamel, then sweet potato, then Bolognese sauce, then a bit of Swiss cheese, then sweet potato again, then Bechamel sauce, the sweet potato again and repeat twice or three times depending on how large your dish is. The last layer should be Bechamel sauce and then a layer of Parmesan cheese.
Sweet potatoes bechamel step by step
- Steam the sweet potates or boil them (un skinned).
- Then under cold water skin the potatoes (or leave to cool then start pealing).
- In a large pyrex or oven pan mash the sweet potates (add 1 tbsp honey if your potatoes aren't sweet enough).
- Start making the bechamel, in a pot add 4 tbsp butter ovee high heat, then add flour and stir continuously till flour reddens.
- Add milk slowly and with a whisker whisk till completely incorporated and thick, then add more milk and repeat till you reach a thick yet kinda liquid consistency.
- Add 4 tbsp sugar and continue whisking (add more or less sugar to your taste), then pour over mashed potatoes.
- Pre heat oven and put it inside for 15 mins (add a pinch of brown sugar on top for a beautiful crust but that's an option).
Potatoes Au Gratin is a classic French dish consisting of a classic Bechamel sauce and cheesy goodness. The dish goes by names like; Pommes de Terre Dauphinoise, Potatoes à la Dauphinoise & Gratin de Pommes à la Dauphinoise. In the post, you'll learn how to make a real traditional Bechamel sauce. How-To Videos included Swiss Chard and Sweet Potato Gratin. Pour half of bechamel sauce over the.