Purple Sweet Potato Bread!. Find Deals on Potatoes Bread in Bread & Pastries on Amazon. This bread stays light, moist and soft for days like all the breads baked using tangzhong method. Purple sweet potato contains a lot of anthocyanin, which give the purple color of the flesh.
Mix well and set aside until ready to use. In a mixing bowl, mix high protein flour and sweet potato flour with the yeast and knead with a dough hook on low speed. Add in salt, butter, milk and knead till dough is smooth and elastic. You can have Purple Sweet Potato Bread! using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Purple Sweet Potato Bread!
- You need of A. 400 g bread flour.
- You need 250 g of purple sweet potato(peeled, sliced, steamed & mashed).
- Prepare 40 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of instant yeast.
- It’s 160 ml of fresh milk.
- You need 60 g of butter.
- Prepare of B. Filling.
- You need 150 g of butter.
- Prepare 150 g of sugar.
- Prepare 170 g of sifted plain flour.
- You need C. of Other.
- Prepare 30 ml of milk.
- Prepare 30 g of almond flakes.
Form dough into a rough ball and put in a lightly greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let rise till double in size, in a warm place, about an hour or so. Once the purple sweet potato bread dough is formed, it should be pretty easy to handle, use as much flour as you need to so it doesn't stick everywhere. This bread came out just fantastic. A local restaurant used to sell sweet potato bread that I just loved, and this recipe is near identical to it.
Purple Sweet Potato Bread! step by step
- Make filling: melt butter in microwave. Stir in sugar till dissolve. Stir in flour. Let rest for a while. Shape into balls for later use..
- Place all ingredients in bowl of standing mixer and knead until it come together and elastic. Cover and let it rise double in size..
- Punch dough to release air. Divide in to equal portions. Shape into balls..
- Put in filling and shape into balls then place into greased pan. Let rise for double in size..
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with almond flakes. Bake in 170oC about 25 -30’ till yellow brown (>=90oC)..
- Love the beautiful purple!.
- Cut into slices!.
I modified it slightly by substituting apple juice (in place of water) and apple sauce (in place of vegetable oil). Breadmaker Purple Sweet Potato Bread First time using my new Mayer bread maker to bake a loaf of purple sweet potato loaf. This time round, I used Vietnam purple sweet potato, which has a drier texture. Hence, additional milk has to be added slowly during kneading. Star Bread – Purple Sweet Potato Bread Ninik Becker.