Candil/Sweet Potato Dumpling. As you roll up each sweet potato half in the crescent roll, tuck the ends in. They don't have to be perfect, they don't have to be sealed so it's okay. Resep ini memang berbeda dari resep tradisional.
Enak disajikan sebagai makanan penutup maupun makanan selingan. These gluten-free, vegan, soft and chewy sweet potato dumplings are served in palm sugar syrup and coconut sauce. Something so simple but so satisfying at every level! You can have Candil/Sweet Potato Dumpling using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Candil/Sweet Potato Dumpling
- You need of Dumpling.
- It’s 1 kg of Sweet Potato.
- You need 50 gr of Tapioca.
- You need 3 L of Water.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s of Syrup.
- You need 150 gr of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Pandan Paste or 2 Pandan Leafs.
- Prepare 750 ml of Water.
- It’s of Dressing.
- You need 150 ml of Water.
- Prepare 50 gr of Brown Sugar/Castor Sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Coconut Milk or Condensed Milk.
Bubur Candil Ubi Jalar / Kolak Biji Salak. Mashed potatoes are combined with flour and egg and shaped into dumplings with a single crouton tucked in the center. I didn't peel the potatoes which gave the dumplings a less smooth texture which we like. For our german dinner party this week I'll add some spices.
Candil/Sweet Potato Dumpling step by step
- Cook the sweet potato until tender (bake, steam, or boil).
- Mash it until smooth.
- Add and mix the mashed potato with a tapioca until not sticky.
- Make a 1cm ball shape from the dough.
- Boil a water and add a salt.
- Boil the dumpling until it float and drain it.
- Boil the syrup water then add sugar and pandan. Boil for 5 minute.
- Add the dumpling to the syrup *optional, let it sit overnight in refrigerator for a better flavour (can be stored in refrigerator for 4-5 days).
- Boil the dressing water then add sugar, stir until smooth. Then add a coconut milk or condensed milk.
- Serve the dumpling with the dressing hot or with an ice.
Hampir setiap sore hujan disertai angin kencang di Semarang.badan jadi 'nggregesi'. Inspired by our traditional 'domplines', these Sweet Potato Dumplings are smooth and have a subtle hint of sweetness that goes best with foods with strong flavors. Both are the same sweet snack and made from sweet potato which I prefer translate into Sweet Potato Dumpling instead Sweet Potato Porridge. Bubur Candil is similar to Bubur Biji Ketapang or Bubur Biji Salak but without sweet potato added. This sweet snack was part of my childhood food.