Shrimp, Sweet Potato, Chorizo Hash. This sweet potato and chorizo hash is a great option when cooking for one or two because sweet potatoes are perfectly portioned. Sweet potatoes are pretty darn versatile, and highly nutritious to boot. We have become close friends lately as The Hubs has been gone quite a bit.
The formula is pretty simple. onion+potato+meat (or vegetables)=hash. If you want to get more specific, the recipe for shrimp and sweet potato hash. This Sweet Potato Chorizo Hash is a no-fuss meal that's perfect anytime of the day! You can cook Shrimp, Sweet Potato, Chorizo Hash using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp, Sweet Potato, Chorizo Hash
- You need 1 pound of shrimp.
- Prepare 2 pounds of sweet potatoes diced.
- You need 8 ounces of Chorizo sausage.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 of large red bell pepper diced.
- It’s 1 of small red onion diced.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra Virgin olive oil.
- It’s to taste of salt for eggs.
- Prepare to taste of ground black pepper for eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of grated extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of flour.
I'm a big fan of hash. It's versatility makes it perfect for end of the week meals when you have leftover veggies and meat in the refrigerator but you just don't know what to do with them. In a large pan over medium heat, add the chorizo and break apart. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving the fat in the pan.
Shrimp, Sweet Potato, Chorizo Hash instructions
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the sausage in a pan. When done remove..
- Add 1 tablespoon extra Virgin olive oil to pan add the onion, potatoes, and peppers..
- Cook till onions are soft..
- Add the shrimp and stir. Keep on heat for 5 minutes. Add flour and cook 3 minutes then stir in milk..
- Smooth it out.
- Add cheese.
- Carefully add the eggs, salt and pepper to taste, on top and put into oven till egg whites are done. I broke a yoke so I added an egg..
- I baked in oven for about 15 minutes.
- Serve, I hope you enjoy!.
Add sweet potatoes to the same pan, using a little of the fat left from the chorizo. The Best Shrimp And Chorizo Sausage Recipes on Yummly Remove the potatoes using a slotted spoon and drain. A recreation of a college favorite, Sweet Potato & Chorizo Breakfast Hash is the perfect breakfast. Spicy chorizo is balanced with sweet potatoes & fresh corn, rounded out with a fried egg.