Sweet Potato Pie. Sweet Potato Pie with a homemade crust and a rich nutmeg-infused filling. Buy Patti Labelle Sweet Potato Pie at Amazon. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin.
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add milk, sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; mix well. The classic sweet potato pie is a must-have on holiday sideboards throughout the South. You can have Sweet Potato Pie using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Pie
- It’s 2 (8 inch) of pie crusts.
- It’s 4 of sweet potatoes (about 2 lbs).
- You need 1 cups of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 14 oz. of can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter melted.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
There are several reasons this top-rated recipe for Brown Butter Sweet Potato Pie became a reader favorite. One reason is that the recipe makes two pies (one for dinner and one for the freezer) and uses refrigerated store-bought pie crust. Sweet Potato Pie Recipe: You'll need these ingredients. You'll find the full step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe for our Basic Pie Crust Recipe here.
Sweet Potato Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Place sweet potatoes in oven and bake until done. Once done peel and mash in large bowl. (Some boil the potatoes which is fine however is take all the good Flavor out of the potatoe – just remember to drain when finished).
- Add sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, condensed milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla to potatoes; whisk until mixture is smooth. Pour evenly into crusts..
- Bake until edges of filling are set and center is soft, 28 to 30 minutes. Cover edges of crust with foil to prevent over browning, if necessary. Cool on wire rack..
Using brown butter and a hint of citrus to kick it up a notch without losing that old school flavor! Watch me make this southern sweet potato pie from start to finish! Satisfy your sweet tooth with the best sweet potato pie recipes from the expert chefs at Food Network. Scrape the pulp out of the skin, transfer to a large bowl, and mash. This sweet potato pie is made very creamy with evaporated milk and gets a bit of a kick with rum.