Sweet Potato and Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers.
You can cook Sweet Potato and Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- It’s 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 pound of ground turkey.
- It’s 1 of large sweet potato.
- It’s 3 of large bell peppers.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic chopped.
- It’s 1/3 cup of tomato sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of chili powder.
- Prepare of Shredded cheese and fresh parsley.
Sweet Potato and Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers instructions
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat..
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes..
- Add onions and cook until onions are gold brown..
- Add the sweet potato, cover the skillet and cook until they are tender. It is about 8mins. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. Add tomato sauce, ground chili pepper, salt and pepper to taste. If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potato..
- Arrange the peppers in a baking dish. The cavity side is facing up..
- Fill each bell pepper halve with the ground turkey-sweet potato mix. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until the peppers are cooked and soft..
- Remove from the oven and garnish with cheese and parsley..