East Texas Pecan Sweet Potato Pie. This fabulous sweet potato pecan pie is made to perfection in a partially-baked pie crust. Spike this pie with a little bourbon or brandy, or keep it non-alcoholic Remove the pie weights and foil and set aside. For this luscious pie's filling, sweet potatoes are mashed and combined with egg, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and cream.
Try this Scrumptious Pecan and Sweet Potato Pie recipe. You won't realize it's good Rich and dense with delectable flavors, you won't even realize this pie is made with healthy ingredients. Watch out, Pecan Pie, your competition has arrived. You can cook East Texas Pecan Sweet Potato Pie using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of East Texas Pecan Sweet Potato Pie
- Prepare 1 of preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- You need 1 of frozen 9" deep dish prepared pie shell.
- Prepare 2 cup of mashed sweet potato @ room temperature (about 2-3 medium size).
- It’s 1/4 cup of melted unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1/3 cup of roughly chopped toasted pecan pieces.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of half n half cream.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of table salt.
This creamy sweet potato pie is subtly spiced and slices beautifully! We suggest baking up a few sweet potato pies around the holidays to give to friends and family. Making sweet potato pie is a two part process: First, roast the sweet potatoes in the oven. Then, scoop out the soft insides, mix the mashed If the crust starts to brown before the pie is done, tent the edges with foil.
East Texas Pecan Sweet Potato Pie instructions
- Toast pecan pieces in a pan over medium heat, until you can smell them. Roughly 3-5 minutes. Set aside..
- Cream mashed sweet potato, melted butter and eggs together until very smooth. I use a stand mixer..
- Add all remaining ingredients including toasted chopped pecans and blend together until mixture is very smooth..
- Pour into frozen pie shell and bake at 350" for approximately 50-60 minutes until pie custard is set. Pie will be done when a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted..
- You can boil your sweet potatoes or even use canned. I prefer fresh baked sweet potatoes. I like to serve this pie well chilled and keep it stored in the refrigerator. Garnish with whipped cream and toasted pecan pieces. Enjoy!!.
Caramel Pecan Topping Makes It Special. A sweet potato pie is fantastic adorned. Sweet potatoes are spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg and enriched with cream, brown sugar, and maple syrup for the flavorful filling of this pie. Make the pecan filling: Sprinkle sweet potato filling with pecans. In another bowl, combine sugar, eggs, melted butter, corn syrup, salt, cinnamon and vanilla and beat well.