Sweet Potato Casserole. Sweet potatoes topped with creamy toasted marshmallows. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. A southern-style casserole that is a dessert-like side dish.
Thanksgiving isn't complete without a homemade sweet potato casserole. Top this lightened version of an easy marshmallow sweet potato casserole recipe. Sweet Potato Casserole with an irresistible crunchy pecan topping is the ultimate Thanksgiving side dish! You can cook Sweet Potato Casserole using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Casserole
- You need 4 large of Sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Maple syrup (optional).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Oatmeal (not quick oats).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ground allspice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of Melted butter.
- Prepare 1 can of Whole berry cranberry sauce.
It's right up there with classic Mashed Potatoes! The sweet potato center is soft, fluffy and puffs. Sweet Potato Casserole made with freshly baked sweet potatoes, sugar, vanilla and finished with a pecan infused streusel topping and mini marshmallows. This classic sweet potato casserole is a side dish but you'll be eating it like the main course!
Sweet Potato Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, cube, and cook sweet potatoes as you would to make mashed potatoes. When fork-tender, remove from heat and drain water. Mash the sweet potatoes, adding about 1/3-1/4 cup of milk, 3 tbsp butter, and maple syrup (optional). Spoon mixture into a lightly oiled 8×8 or 11×7 casserole dish..
- Empty the can of whole berry cranberry sauce into a small bowl. Using a fork, smash up the sauce until the sauce is only slightly lumpy (no need to smash the berries too much). Layer on top of the sweet potatoes..
- In another bowl, combine all of the remaining dry ingredients. Make sure to mix well. Melt the remaining butter and add to the dry ingredients. The mixture will be slightly wet and crumbly. Spoon over the cranberry sauce in an even layer..
- Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly around the edges. This dish can be made in advance (night before or earlier in the day) and reheats nicely..
Adding bourbon, apples and toasted pecans takes this holiday staple from everyday to everyYAY! How to make sweet potato casserole with pecan streusel. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Sweet potato casserole is one of the most popular Thanksgiving side dishes for a reason: It serves up the vegetable in a creamy, sweet, and decadent way, and as we pile it onto our plates. Since sweet potatoes are already naturally plenty sweet on their own, I decided go the savory route with my sweet potato casserole recipe this Thanksgiving.