Boiled Sweet Potato Balls (KUE ASOY). Sweet potatoes are a nutritious vegetable that can be added to many dishes. Sweet potatoes contain a variety of minerals and vitamins including calcium, beta carotene, and vitamin C. You can boil sweet potatoes before you eat them.
They are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Sweet potato balls come in many variations throughout Asia. The snack is made using sweet potatoes you can get at your local supermarket. You can cook Boiled Sweet Potato Balls (KUE ASOY) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Boiled Sweet Potato Balls (KUE ASOY)
- Prepare 275 gr of sweet potatoes, boiled and peeled.
- It’s 50 gr of starch / corn starch.
- Prepare 75 gr of palm sugar.
- Prepare of DRESSING.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of grated coconut.
- You need pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
I served the sweet potato balls with a few other Asian sweets: soy pudding I made with homemade soy milk and gelatin (I used the soy milk to gelatin ratio from Serious Eats); grass jelly (made from an instant grass jelly packet I brought from Singapore). Very simple and take very less time if you use pressure cooker.you can eat it as a snack or you can make mashed sweet potato. Only a few simple ingredients used in these gluten free Sweet Potato Balls deep fried to golden perfection. They make a tasty tea time or snack time treat.
Boiled Sweet Potato Balls (KUE ASOY) step by step
- Mixed with grated coconut and salt and steam briefly lined with plastic/banana leaf. It helps to extend the durability of grated coconut (so as not perishable), remove and set aside. Mix bread crumbs and sugar, set aside..
- Puree sweet potato and add flour gradually until dough is smooth. NOTE : the amount of flour used depending on the type/texture sweet potato itself, so do not dump in all the flour mix..
- Take a little dough, filled with palm sugar then cover and the sphere. Do until the dough runs out..
- Boiled dough circle and wait until the float (a sign that the dough is cooked). Remove and drain..
- Add the balls in dressing mixture and stir well..
- Ready to be served and enjoy with your family..
Sweet Potato Balls – crispy deep fried sweet potato dough balls coated with sesame seeds. This Malaysian snack is great for How to Make Fried Sweet Potato Balls? Making these sweet dough balls are very easy. First, boil the sweet potatoes until the. How to Cook Sweet Potatoes Without Losing Vitamins and Nutrients