Sweet Potato Lentil "Curry". It's vegan, gluten-free and super flavorful! I make variations of this often with brown or green lentils, green mung beans, a combination of the two, different veggies and spices. The combination of earthy lentils, hearty mung beans and veggies like.
The tartness helps cut into the sweetness of the potatoes. Also, some didn't like the lime juice, but I loved it here. It will also help cut the sweetness, as well as add a little brightness. You can have Sweet Potato Lentil "Curry" using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Lentil "Curry"
- Prepare 2 large of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of Black olives.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Lentils.
- You need 2 can of Coconut milk.
- It’s 2 can of Chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried coriander.
- You need 1 tbsp of Turmeric.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ground ginger.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of Lemon.
Tips for making Instant Pot sweet potato lentil curry. If you want to add more protein to this dish, I recommend using cooked and drained chickpea. An easy recipe for Instant Pot sweet potato lentil curry. This comfort food is the perfect weeknight dinner for anyone who loves sweet potatoes, curry.
Sweet Potato Lentil "Curry" instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F Fahrenheit..
- Cut the sweet potatoes into bite size cubes..
- Place coconut milk, tomatoes, turmeric, cumin and ground ginger in a large saucepan. Heat until bubbling. Add sweet potatoes, lentils, olives, coriander, and salt and pepper..
- Put a lid on the pot and put it in the oven. Cook for about an hour until sweet potatoes are soft..
- Squeeze lemon juice over pot of lentils and serve. Can be served over rice..
Sweet Potato – I like a bit of a chunkier curry, so I usually dice my sweet potatoes into bite sized chunks. Dry Red Lentils – No need to soak, they cook quickly and break down while cooking, which makes them perfect for curries. Canned Chickpeas – Drain and rinse well. This is one of those suppers you can start when you get home, then relax while it cooks. (Or help the kids with homework or hop on the stair-stepper.) Apple and brown sugar help sweeten this delicious meatless meal. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho. It will lift the flavor and cut the acidity.