Sweet Potato Pie. This creamy sweet potato pie is subtly spiced and slices beautifully! We suggest baking up a few sweet potato pies around the holidays to give to friends and family. Sweet potato pie is a traditional dessert, originating in the Southern United States.
If you grew up in the South, chances are high you've been to. This is a video about how to make Southern Sweet Potato Pie (Brown Butter). Sweet Potato Pie is a deliciously rich dessert that will fit in perfectly at your Thanksgiving or Christmas feast this year! You can cook Sweet Potato Pie using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Pie
- You need of Pies.
- It’s 2 of large eggs (beaten).
- It’s 1 1/2 stick of melted butter.
- You need 2 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon extract.
- Prepare 2 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/3 of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/3 of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of Sweet Potato Pie.
- You need pinch of allspice.
- It’s 6 of Sweet Potato.
It is so simple to make and equally as tasty. A lightened-up sweet potato pie recipe, perfect for Thanksgiving. While most dessert pack empty calories, this dessert is made with healthy sweet potatoes, which are high in beta-carotene and. This homemade sweet potato pie is sweetened solely with dark brown sugar and flavored with warm fall spices.
Sweet Potato Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix/Blend and Combine all the ingredients until it's smooth..
- Pour mixture into a 9" Pie Shell..
- Place them on a cookie sheet pan. Set your timer.
It sits atop a buttery homemade pie crust. Make this homemade southern heathy sweet potato pie recipe from scratch using whole, unrefined ingredients this holiday season! It's so easy to make and your guests won't even know it's healthy! Sweet potatoes are sweeter than pumpkins, and though the pies are usually made in the same way with eggs, cream or evaporated milk, and pie spices, sweet potato pie tends to be lighter, airier, and. Sweet potato pie tastes very similar to pumpkin pie.