Sweet Potato Roll with Cinnamon-Apple cream cheese filling. This is an awesome dessert for guests, and it freezes well. Sweet Potato Cake Roll I'm just now getting into the whole cake roll thing. I've always thought they looked nice but never really cared to make them.
Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. For filling, in a bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter and vanilla until fluffy. The puree, which is made simply by pureeing cooked and peeled sweet potatoes, keeps the dough fluffy and moist for days. You can cook Sweet Potato Roll with Cinnamon-Apple cream cheese filling using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Roll with Cinnamon-Apple cream cheese filling
- It’s of Roll.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sweet potato.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 packages of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 of apple.
- You need 1/2 cup of marshmallow fluff.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
Filled with a cinnamon sugar spread and toasty chopped pecans, these sweet potato cinnamon rolls are topped with a cream cheese frosting and will make your house smell like a fall-flavored dream. Sweet Potato Roll with Cinnamon-Apple cream cheese filling I really wanted to try to make a pumpkin roll but didn't have any pumpkin, decided to put a twist on the cream cheese filling as well. Taylor Topp Great recipe for Sweet Potato Roll with Cinnamon-Apple cream cheese filling. I really wanted to try to make a pumpkin roll but didn't have any pumpkin, decided to put a twist on the cream cheese filling as well.
Sweet Potato Roll with Cinnamon-Apple cream cheese filling instructions
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Slowly add in the sugar.
- Add in the sweet potatoes.
- Mix on the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Line a pan with wax paper.
- Spread the mix on the wax paper in the pan.
- Skin and dice an apple.
- Put the apple in a pan with water (cover the bottom) and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Bake the cake mix and the apples at the same time at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Lay out another sheet of wax table and sprinkle with powdered sugar or flour.
- Once the cake is done, or spongy, take it out of the oven and place it on the new layed out wax paper.
- Make sure both sides are sprinkled with powder and start to roll the cake (make sure to do this while it is still warm or hot).
- While the roll is cooling off start of the filling, mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, apples, marshmallow fluff and butter.
- Once the roll is done cooling, unroll it and evenly spread filling.
- Re-roll and enjoy!.
- This is my first attempt at making this so if anyone perfects it and makes it look really nice post your pictures!.
Remove from the heat and stir in the mashed sweet potato In a large bowl, mix together the flour, granulated sugar, yeast, and salt. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry and use a wooden spoon. Starting at the narrow end of the cake, roll the cake and and powdered paper together, placing it seam side down. To make the filling, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar,to taste, butter and vanilla until smooth. To assemble, unroll the cooled cake.