Sweet Potato & Rice Salmon Cake Sliders. Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The sweet potato or sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the bindweed or morning glory family, Convolvulaceae. Its large, starchy, sweet-tasting, tuberous roots are a root vegetable.
The sweet potato is probably one of the most-versatile vegetables. Find recipes for all the different ways you can prepare sweet potatoes here. Our Top Sweet Potato Side Dishes. You can cook Sweet Potato & Rice Salmon Cake Sliders using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato & Rice Salmon Cake Sliders
- It’s 1 small of salmon fillet.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of sweet potato.
- You need 1/2 cup of cooked white rice.
- You need 1 of egg white.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 5 of drops lemon juice.
- It’s 8 tsp of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 8 of mini flour tortillas.
- It’s 4 slice of cheddar cheese.
- You need 4 tbsp of honey mustard dressing.
These five-star recipes are worthy of any holiday celebration. Brown Butter Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes "These were awesome! Play up the sweet in sweet potatoes, or go to the savory side. Yummy Sweet Potato Casserole Continued Health Benefits.
Sweet Potato & Rice Salmon Cake Sliders step by step
- Shred salmon fillet into pieces using a fork..
- Add egg white, garlic salt & lemon juice..
- Cut 1/2 a sweet potato into thin slices and boil until soft enough to blend..
- Blend/puree boiled sweet potato into mash consistency then add to salmon mixture..
- Cooked white rice according to package directions then added to mixture..
- Warm butter in a pan on medium heat..
- Mixture may be loose consistency so spoon directly onto a spatula and press into a round, patty shape (about 2.5-3 inches round).
- Sprinkle the top with Italian bread crumbs and flip patty onto the buttered pan with the bread crumb side down..
- Allow bottom to crust to a golden brown for 3-5 minutes. Add bread crumbs to the top and flip again to brown the other side for 3-5 minutes also..
- You can pan cook on low heat for a couple more minutes if desired to ensure the salmon cooks through..
- To make the micro-mini tortillas for the small patties, I used the rim of a cup as a cookie cutter and cut the tortillas and cheese slices into rounds..
- Warmed the tortilla rounds on the stove heat, placed the salmon patty on top of one, added the cheese, then a smear of honey mustard dressing and topped with another tortilla round..
- Viola!! Measurements yield approx. 4 salmon cake sliders..
Sweet potatoes earned the name "superfood" because of the amount of nutrients they have. Studies show they may help with: Cancer. Baked sweet potatoes are the perfect, healthy side dish in the fall months. They are also great stuffed as a main dish, like this Vegetarian Loaded Sweet Potato Chili and Sloppy Joe Baked Sweet Potato. If you like to simply eat it with some butter on top, a little goes a long way or try it with coconut oil to keep it dairy free.